Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 12-22-2016, 11:12 AM   #401
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I didn't think you were rude at all. But I did get curious and check it out and it appears you are correct for buying within the US purchasing should be free for the buyer. But I know I am not crazy and I DID pay fees on my end so I started reading through the "terms and conditions". After fighting off a nap due to the dullness of the subject matter I think I hit on what happened.

I buy statues and other things with paypal and one of the main things I buy is kits and pro paint ups on models and statues. These are generally from people I know well and in order to reduce THEIR fees I often categorize money I send to them as "Send money to family and friends" and if you do that with a credit card there IS a fee to the buyer. So that is why I thought that.

But Josh is 100% correct if you use paypal and check "purchase goods and services" (which you would on a statue) the buyer is not charged whether you use a credit card or not. Once I saw I was getting charged for CC use on painting fees I thought I just always got charged when using a CC as a buyer.
Oh yes, I see what you mean. I've done that as well when sending money as a friend or family and yes they do charge you the normal fee, basically they just toss it on you for sending the money. Kinda sucks and I try not to do it unless it's someone I'm really familiar with.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 05:38 AM   #402
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to everyone at ARH Studios and to all my fellow collectors! Thanks for all the EPIC statues! Keep them coming ARH!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #403
AndAlsoTheTrees
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to everyone at ARH Studios and to all my fellow collectors! Thanks for all the EPIC statues! Keep them coming ARH!
AndAlsoTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:12 PM   #404
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndAlsoTheTrees View Post

And a Happy New Year! Rest assured Brad Pitt and Gerard Bulter won't be suing you anytime soon..

Can we have a Hector in 2017. ? Loosely based on Eric Bana
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #405
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Spencer,

A few of us have noticed that our payment plans have been suspended for items we have preordered. This has happened with no communication from your company as to why this occurred and how we are able to proceed. I had one payment left on a statue, but at this point I'm wondering if I should contact PayPal to get my money back.

Some kind of official statement from ARH would be nice. I would like to make my last payment by the method I selected at purchasing. If you wanted to get rid of PayPal, that should have never applied retroactively.

How should your affected customers proceed?

I have had zero luck calling or leaving messages during your advertised hours on the first page of this thread.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:48 PM   #406
Spencer T.
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Spencer,

A few of us have noticed that our payment plans have been suspended for items we have preordered. This has happened with no communication from your company as to why this occurred and how we are able to proceed. I had one payment left on a statue, but at this point I'm wondering if I should contact PayPal to get my money back.

Some kind of official statement from ARH would be nice. I would like to make my last payment by the method I selected at purchasing. If you wanted to get rid of PayPal, that should have never applied retroactively.

How should your affected customers proceed?

I have had zero luck calling or leaving messages during your advertised hours on the first page of this thread.
Hi Guys,

Our move away from PayPal was not supposed to apply retroactively. This is one of the reasons we are moving away from PayPal to begin with. We keep experiencing these periods where PayPal up and cancels all of our active subscriptions with no warning or indication as to why this happens.

For those of you with remaining payments, we are trying to get in contact with you to set up manual invoices for the remaining balances.

I once again ask that you do not file complaints with PayPal. All this succeeds in doing in putting your funds in limbo while PayPal investigates your claims and makes it that much harder to fix your problems.

Spencer T
ARH Studios
Spencer T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:12 PM   #407
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Spencer, lots of people are nervious about the statues being made in China right now. When the original release date was missed you said they will be ready to go in February. How well are you guys holding to that date? More over, give us some info on what's going on over there... is the stuff being castes, painted, is it sitting on a dock? I feel like I know every inch of the Valkyrie and how she is coming along via the Slaying the Beast vids but I know nothing about the statues in China... which I've bought 3 out of 4. Thanks!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #408
Spencer T.
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Spencer, lots of people are nervious about the statues being made in China right now. When the original release date was missed you said they will be ready to go in February. How well are you guys holding to that date? More over, give us some info on what's going on over there... is the stuff being castes, painted, is it sitting on a dock? I feel like I know every inch of the Valkyrie and how she is coming along via the Slaying the Beast vids but I know nothing about the statues in China... which I've bought 3 out of 4. Thanks!
We are still holding to begin shipping by the end of Feburary for the Medusa with Legs, Sha-Ryn and Tarzan Primal Rage.

You do bring up a good point in that we only receive general updates from our factory concerning the progress of the line. This, along with others, is a reason why we have begun moving away from using the factory.

Speaking of Slaying the Beast and the Valkryie, be sure to watch this week as we film the painting and packaging processes before shipping out our first seven orders this Friday.
Spencer T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #409
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That pesky PayPal. You all need to open your eyes.
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #410
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrchrd62 View Post

Speaking of Slaying the Beast and the Valkryie, be sure to watch this week as we film the painting and packaging processes before shipping out our first seven orders this Friday.
Looking forward to it, at the same time i dont mind you guys taking the time to get things right.
House is offline   Reply With Quote