Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

Marvel Comics 1000

I honestly didn't know this book was even out there, but when I walked in to my LCS today & saw it, I went against the grain & dropped the $10 for this book. There were just sooooo many gorgeous covers. I went with the Supernaturals cover -

Was wondering, if you scored it, what cover did you go for?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I bought one as well. I had no idea about it either until I walked into my LCS. After looking at about a dozen covers this is the one that stood out to me.

jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

Great choice! I saw a couple beautiful Cap-centric covers.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:10 PM   #4
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I did buy this but got the Ron Lim Infinity Gauntlet cover. I have to admit that I was not impressed with a lot of the covers though. A lot of them looked like rush jobs.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:22 PM   #5
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I honestly didn't know this book was even out there, but when I walked in to my LCS today & saw it, I went against the grain & dropped the $10 for this book. There were just sooooo many gorgeous covers. I went with the Supernaturals cover -

Was wondering, if you scored it, what cover did you go for?
I bought the same one, Jerry!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 05:27 PM   #6
Mister H
Gen 13

I actually snagged the Mark Brooks cover.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #7
Mister H
Gen 13

Just read it. Well, most of it. All in all just kinda...meh. A few nice pages, a few ok pages, a few terrible pages. First new Marvel comic book I’ve bought in a while, they suckered me in with that Mark Brooks art.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:17 AM   #8
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Just read it. Well, most of it. All in all just kinda...meh. A few nice pages, a few ok pages, a few terrible pages. First new Marvel comic book I’ve bought in a while, they suckered me in with that Mark Brooks art.
Agreed. This sort of all inclusive history, imo, started back in Krueger & Ross' Earth X, where The Watcher explains in much detail, the history of the MU to Machine Man. We've also seen it recently in the currently running History Of The Marvel Universe by Mark Waid.

It's a fun history when explained in a flowing manner but no new ground was broken in this one-shot. "meh" was the proper description to Marvel 1000.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:53 AM   #9
ftrez
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Agreed. This sort of all inclusive history, imo, started back in Krueger & Ross' Earth X, where The Watcher explains in much detail, the history of the MU to Machine Man. We've also seen it recently in the currently running History Of The Marvel Universe by Mark Waid.

It's a fun history when explained in a flowing manner but no new ground was broken in this one-shot. "meh" was the proper description to Marvel 1000.
I was not a fan of Earth X. I haven't seen History of the Marvel Universe or Marvel 1000 yet so I can't weigh in but my understanding is that there's more to come - I'm pretty sure there's at least a Marvel Comics 1001. So maybe a two-shot?
ftrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #10
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrez View Post
I was not a fan of Earth X. I haven't seen History of the Marvel Universe or Marvel 1000 yet so I can't weigh in but my understanding is that there's more to come - I'm pretty sure there's at least a Marvel Comics 1001. So maybe a two-shot?
It's a tough book. I have 'em all & do remember chugging through back when it was 1st released .... but I barely made it & had forgotten most of it. I've recently pulled the whole run & have started again. I even pulled my Universe X & all the tie-ins for both series, a whopping 36 comics. We'll see if I make it.

As far as a follow up to Marvel 1000 goes, I have no idea. I just spotted the issue at my lcs & bit. I've heard nothing about a 2nd issue.