Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-04-2016, 09:00 AM   #31
htx87
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I don't know if I agree. The 1/3s have major attention right now and the 1/4 Klassics seem to have gone cold in the view of PCS.
The 1:3 might be all hype now but eventually some people will get burned out with all the money they are dishing out for these pieces. People could possibly start canceling orders left and right and I know PCS does not want that to happen. The 1:3 should be reserved for the most iconic characters in the MK and Street Fighter franchises. 1:4 is still where it's at. I hope PCS does not abandon the Klassic line because that will leave a lot of collectors disappointed.
htx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:50 PM   #32
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB-ZeRo View Post
I don't think we will see a 1:3 Kung Lao if he wasn't released as 1:4 a first...

Just my opinion :P !

I understand your point, but Conan was made in 1/3 and he was never released in 1/4, so there is a possibility it can be done.. Also, I recall 2 versions of conan 1/3, right? Even with the same body is it not still a little risky, but sometimes a company has to take a little risk in order to succeed.

I think Kung Lao is less risky then Conan even though I am a huge Conan fan. If I have the choice I rather stick to the MK characters since I only make enough to collect the MK 1/3 line.

The MK 1/3 line is very popular and I feel Kung Lao can do well with sales
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #33
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htx87 View Post
The 1:3 should be reserved for the most iconic characters in the MK and Street Fighter franchises. 1:4 is still where it's at. I hope PCS does not abandon the Klassic line because that will leave a lot of collectors disappointed.
Totally this!
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:15 PM   #34
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by htx87 View Post
The 1:3 might be all hype now but eventually some people will get burned out with all the money they are dishing out for these pieces. People could possibly start canceling orders left and right and I know PCS does not want that to happen. The 1:3 should be reserved for the most iconic characters in the MK and Street Fighter franchises. 1:4 is still where it's at. I hope PCS does not abandon the Klassic line because that will leave a lot of collectors disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
Totally this!

All of this is based on hype. In today's market MK Klassics just can't go on for years and years.

And it isn't so much about abadoning the line by PCS but abadonment by buyers.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #35
TooTall81
Frackin!

I personally would like to see Kung Lao done in 1/4. I prefer a klassic version to compliment Raiden and Liu Kang.
TooTall81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:33 AM   #36
SuB-ZeRo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
I understand your point, but Conan was made in 1/3 and he was never released in 1/4, so there is a possibility it can be done.. Also, I recall 2 versions of conan 1/3, right? Even with the same body is it not still a little risky, but sometimes a company has to take a little risk in order to succeed.

I think Kung Lao is less risky then Conan even though I am a huge Conan fan. If I have the choice I rather stick to the MK characters since I only make enough to collect the MK 1/3 line.

The MK 1/3 line is very popular and I feel Kung Lao can do well with sales
I am not sure if PCS has the 1:4 license for Conan but even if they have it then it's not fair to compare Conan to Kung Lao !

Conan is the main character of his series. Kung Lao is not ! Even though Liu Kang is the MK champion but Scorpion and Sub-Zero are considered the stars of the game and that's why they sell well.

Honestly, I think Jerry looks at Kung Lao as Liu Kang with a hat !!!

Anyways, I remember I asked Jerry a question in the (Poll: Next Mortal Kombat 1:3 Statue) topic regarding how he chooses the next MK character for 1:3 and from my understanding they have to be released at 1:4 scale at first before 1:3. Pics are attached for the poll and the conversation

As you can see, all the options that Jerry gave us are already been released in 1:4 first to see if they sell well or not in that scale.

So in other words, Jerry is playing it safe which is totally understandable !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vote.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	99999   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jerry.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	100000  
SuB-ZeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:33 AM   #37
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm positive 1/4 Kung Lao would do well. So would Kano, Sonya and Shang Tsung.
Thing is that Liu Kang has always been a much hated character, and Kintaro, while visually stunning in statue form, is a very obscure boss (was just in a few games and in mk9 he was totally different).
Cyborgs probably suffered due to the way the pre order was handled, too much money at the same time for such secondary characters.
I think MK klassic could still be strong, if given a chance.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote