Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-06-2016, 04:59 PM   #1711
tidus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
As cool as the Indominus Rex was, I think the fact that it isn't/wasn't a real thing takes away from the awe. At least for me.
Jurassic World stepped on what Steven and Crichton created.. they sucessfully told the kids that watched the movie that dinosaurs were animals, not monsters. It didn't surprise me the first thing JW did was going against this. It's easier to impress that way.

On top of that the creature looks terribly generic and doesn't make the cut for me. It's clear people aren't into it for scientific accuracy, but the same goes for the Spinosaur, which at least was based on the current anatomical model.

I mean.. if Jurassic World was a good movie I still wouldn't like the DRex, whereas I LOVE the Spinosaur. I see further than the turd of JP3 and I admire the incredible work Stan Winston did with it. I love that it's an alternative to the Rex, with a crocodile mouth and a spine.. it's different. I would rather have some variety.
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:07 PM   #1712
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus View Post
Jurassic World stepped on what Steven and Crichton created.. they sucessfully told the kids that watched the movie that dinosaurs were animals, not monsters. It didn't surprise me the first thing JW did was going against this. It's easier to impress that way.

On top of that the creature looks terribly generic and doesn't make the cut for me. It's clear people aren't into it for scientific accuracy, but the same goes for the Spinosaur, which at least was based on the current anatomical model.

I mean.. if Jurassic World was a good movie I still wouldn't like the DRex, whereas I LOVE the Spinosaur. I see further than the turd of JP3 and I admire the incredible work Stan Winston did with it. I love that it's an alternative to the Rex, with a crocodile mouth and a spine.. it's different. I would rather have some variety.
Sorry, but "scientific accuracy" goes out the window with pretty much every concept proposed my Chricton. It's called science fiction for a reason.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #1713
tidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Sorry, but "scientific accuracy" goes out the window with pretty much every concept proposed my Chricton. It's called science fiction for a reason.
That's exactly my point. I have seen a lot of people bashing the Spinosaurus because it's no longer a meaningful representation of the real animal. The D-Rex is just clay from scratch, and the T-Rex isn't accurate either. But somehow the same argument is not being applied to them.
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #1714
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus View Post
That's exactly my point. I have seen a lot of people bashing the Spinosaur because it's no longer a meaningful representation of the real animal. The D-Rex is just pure clay modelling from scratch, and the T-Rex isn't accurate either. But somehow the argument only works for the Spino.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, it should work both ways. I personally like both and wouldn't mind owning a maquette/diorama similar to Breakout Rex for both dinos.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #1715
Parallax
Nightwing

I personally loved Jurassic World. I think they did a great job with portraying the Indominus Rex as a monster and the real dinosaurs as animals. As "meh" as Jurassic Park 3 is overall, I think it did wonders for developing Jurassic Park's velociraptors. The intelligence displayed in JP3 changes the way you view the species throughout the entire series. Jurassic World also did a good job with the raptors by showing that they are dangerous wild animals. The Spinosaurus is a beautiful dinosaur. Stan Winston did an amazing job with it.

I would really like to see Jurassic World 2 be another adaptation of The Lost World. It seems like the story would play into that nicely. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a more properly fleshed out Isla Sorna. There's a lot of inconsistency between the island in LW and JP3, so a soft reboot of the island would be very nice. The awe and wonder of dinosaurus was captured in Jurassic Park, but Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 were too cluttered to show the awe of dinosaurus in their "natural" habitat.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #1716
darkmummy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Google Majungasaurus, then you know where l-rex came from. There are whole bunch of Irex looking carnival dinosaurs within rhat family.
darkmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #1717
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmummy View Post
Google Majungasaurus, then you know where l-rex came from. There are whole bunch of Irex looking carnival dinosaurs within rhat family.
The Indominus Rex looks more monster than dinosaur. It's definitely not something I'd ever care to own.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:44 AM   #1718
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

this is the raptor maquette i would love to get from CC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	96353   Click image for larger version

Name:	673fa8f0d18272608acff4a4d03e7531.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	96354  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:27 AM   #1719
Bmaga123

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMaZe View Post
So well before Chronicle started amazing us with Jurassic Park collectibles I commissioned a stan winston raptor mould to be painted and put on a sand base complete with claw. To wet all of our appetites while we wait for their reveal I just wanted to share it with you to give you an idea of what we can expect as well as to show the sheer size of it!

Looks amazing! Who painted it and are the eyes painted or acrylic/glass?
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #1720
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMaZe View Post
So well before Chronicle started amazing us with Jurassic Park collectibles I commissioned a stan winston raptor mould to be painted and put on a sand base complete with claw. To wet all of our appetites while we wait for their reveal I just wanted to share it with you to give you an idea of what we can expect as well as to show the sheer size of it!

Awesome collections. it's a cool piece for sure but it's a deformed re-cast that is missing few key features of the Raptor. I hope CC will know where they, fix'em and release their version of it.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote