Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-19-2021, 12:43 PM   #161
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Great idea but technically purchases are equal to votes. And let?s not forget they have to make up the cost of that initial prototype plus the tooling for the molds, packaging, etc. of the entire run?I imagine the cancellation is due to a foreseeable loss. Everyone can vote yes in a new poll but if no one buys it there?s no point. I think the only reason Mera made it through with such a low ES is because it appeared on the SS website. I can?t remember a single time SS canceled something that went live on their end.
Who knows what the number of sales might have been if the piece was listed on the Sideshow website?
I, and i am sure others, were waiting for Grail to be listed on the SCC website.

Also, the piece was not exactly well advertised on the Prime 1 website. I know this, as it did not appear to be listed under any of the headings, but could be found using the search feature. Poor promotion by Prime 1

Unless you watch Prime 1 on YouTube or visited a board, which many maybe donot, you might not have been aware of the existence of Grail
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:49 PM   #162
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Who knows what the number of sales might have been if the piece was listed on the Sideshow website?
I, and i am sure others, were waiting for Grail to be listed on the SCC website.

Also, the piece was not exactly well advertised on the Prime 1 website. I know this, as it did not appear to be listed under any of the headings, but could be found using the search feature. Poor promotion by Prime 1

Unless you watch Prime 1 on YouTube or visited a board, which many maybe donot, you might not have been aware of the existence of Grail
Agreed, I too was waiting for SS to carry her and never happened. I eventually lost interest and moved on. I wonder what that ?number? is that pushes a statue to production. Katana is limited to ES 180 and was badly advertised as well. But to be fair, their marketing has improved since, these showcases are a big win for them and SS has now picked up more of their product.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:48 PM   #163
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
I can?t remember a single time SS canceled something that went live on their end.
They did cancel their own Rick O'Connell PF a long time ago.

Spoiler
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:53 PM   #164
ukshaun
Hercules

@Shoo i wonder why that was?
I guess it might have had something to do with something out of Sideshow's control, as they have released worse.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 06:05 PM   #165
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
@Shoo i wonder why that was?
I guess it might have had something to do with something out of Sideshow's control, as they have released worse.
I think it was due to a really, really poor response from customers.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:21 AM   #166
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Sideshow cancelled the Elder Predator Bust after it went up for PO as well.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote