Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #141
AC_808
Hercules

I wish I could wait for this XM Brown Wolverine. I just can't tell how long it will be. If and when it comes out I'll most likely get it anyway. Love XM statues!

But for now I'm aiming for the SSC Brown Wolverine. I'd like to see if custom forearms with metal claws can be made, tho.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:38 PM   #142
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

After seeing the reveal for Sideshow's brown costumed Wolverine, and the ridiculous price attached, it appears I'll be waiting for this statue. Probably a good thing as this will likely be the one to own in the long run but it's so disappointing getting this close to owning one of my most wanted pieces only to have it yanked away with no idea when it will resurface.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:14 PM   #143
XMAN
Ultron

same boat as you my friend.....I'm in for the wait....
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:19 PM   #144
actionjackson83
Midnighter

since disney wants to play international police i'll play self police and not buy any statues marvel/fox related.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:50 PM   #145
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
After seeing the reveal for Sideshow's brown costumed Wolverine, and the ridiculous price attached, it appears I'll be waiting for this statue. Probably a good thing as this will likely be the one to own in the long run but it's so disappointing getting this close to owning one of my most wanted pieces only to have it yanked away with no idea when it will resurface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
same boat as you my friend.....I'm in for the wait....
Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more, my brothers.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:54 AM   #146
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
That was my first impression as well, seeing how the suit is given some modern flair - not entirely comic book accurate like the other 1/4 scale X-Men. HOWEVER, it's not the first time SS has done this. I recall them adding texture and "realism" to their Legendary Scale Wolverine. So that puts my mind at ease.

As for the Japanese motif, I'm not going to say plagiarism because Brown Wolverine and Japan are so entwined when you look at the classic Logan stories.

It's a shame that one company's version got shelved, but I wouldn't read too much into the similarities.

XM has their distinctive flair on many of their pieces but it seems to have made people forget SS changed costume elements way before XM.

SS is overall more comic accurate, but even the 1st Wolverine PF (yellow) had added elements, from the bottom part of the boots, to the sculpted textures in some spots, to the added trim on the shirt and pants. Not too different from the way they tackled Batman PF's non comic accurate gloves and boots. Black Panther PF has several XM level changes. Even more minor things like Gambit's silver armor (it's light blue in the comics). Maybe not to XM's degree, but it's not uncommon for SS to occasionally do their own thing.

And yeah Brown Wolverine and Japan do just go together. It's kind of the obvious go-to for that costume. So much so that it even made that brief cameo in "The Wolverine" movie for Wolverine's continued adventures with Yukio (sad we never got to follow how that turned out).
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #147
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
IF/WHEN this gets made if you don't live/have family in one of XMs approved regions you are going to pay as much for their Brown Wolverine as you would for a fully painted DarkSpidey Custom Wolverine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
since disney wants to play international police i'll play self police and not buy any statues marvel/fox related.
Go for it... it won't make a damn bit of difference... but if it makes you feel better.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:31 AM   #148
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm not shocked in the least that SS was given a green light to release Sabertooth and Brown Wolverine.

Who wants to take bets on other long requested pieces to start rolling out? Especially ones that XM had already previewed? I bet the Spider-Man villian line just blows up.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #149
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm not shocked in the least that SS was given a green light to release Sabertooth and Brown Wolverine.

Who wants to take bets on other long requested pieces to start rolling out? Especially ones that XM had already previewed? I bet the Spider-Man villian line just blows up.
It may we will get to see the spiderman villains in awkward poses and horrible head sculpts.
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:08 PM   #150
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Brown Wolverine is coming back!
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote