Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-08-2018, 08:25 AM   #621
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Not a fan of SS current brown wolverine? Wouldnt hold my breath on SS making a new one.

Never could get over SS brn version’s hairless arms, and was not sold on the portraits, especially the unmasked. Funny thing is, in some pics/vids with varying angles, he looks really good.

So far, SS has only released one 1/4 scale brn Wolvie. Based on the projected sales/success of their new astonishing version, I feel they will revisit the brn. The character is simply too huge to ignore for any length of time. XM has just raised the bar with this masterful sculpt, and I am confidant that SS will rise to the challenge. When they do, I only pray that the project be given to Grassetti/Canale and team. If not(?), that would be truly “astonishing”!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:17 AM   #622
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Never could get over SS brn version’s hairless arms, and was not sold on the portraits, especially the unmasked. Funny thing is, in some pics/vids with varying angles, he looks really good.

So far, SS has only released one 1/4 scale brn Wolvie. Based on the projected sales/success of their new astonishing version, I feel they will revisit the brn. The character is simply too huge to ignore for any length of time. XM has just raised the bar with this masterful sculpt, and I am confidant that SS will rise to the challenge. When they do, I only pray that the project be given to Grassetti/Canale and team. If not(?), that would be truly “astonishing”!
I don’t think sideshow will do another Brown Wolverine for a while. I think next in line will be an X-Force Wolverine. They haven’t done it in 1/4 scale and there will be an X-Force movie in a few years. It just makes sense from a marketing standpoint. I also hate Sideshows brown Wolverine also for a few reasons. I hate the portrait and the bowl round base at the bottom takes away from the statue. I agree also that his arms have no hair.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:33 PM   #623
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I don’t think sideshow will do another Brown Wolverine for a while. I think next in line will be an X-Force Wolverine. They haven’t done it in 1/4 scale and there will be an X-Force movie in a few years. It just makes sense from a marketing standpoint. I also hate Sideshows brown Wolverine also for a few reasons. I hate the portrait and the bowl round base at the bottom takes away from the statue. I agree also that his arms have no hair.

If X-force film is due in a few years, you are right, and we will probably see that version. But as we wait for the film, maybe another brn version could fill-in the gap? Just hoping, that’s all.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:55 PM   #624
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

Lol i actually liked the hairless arm with the textured forearm, i think the statue definitely looks better in person, unfortunately i had to return mine do to QC issues. I planned on getting it back but after seeing this one decided otherwise. Be nice if SS makes another but can't say i'm the most optimistic.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:04 AM   #625
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Lol i actually liked the hairless arm with the textured forearm, i think the statue definitely looks better in person, unfortunately i had to return mine do to QC issues. I planned on getting it back but after seeing this one decided otherwise. Be nice if SS makes another but can't say i'm the most optimistic.

Well you can’t go wrong with the XM mastersculpt of brn Wolverine, can’t wait to see paint-up. For myself, I just can’t justify the cost, as exchange rate and high shipping would push price well beyond $1500.00. But this sculpt has established it as the very best brn Wolverine to date. No doubt. Enjoy.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #626
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
XM Studios News

"The XM Studios Brown Wolverine 1/4 scale is finally done! Thanks to the 3D sculptor Romell Chopraa for the sculpt and thanks to Studio Hive for the 2D concept."

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

Grumpy, when can we expect the print and paint-up for this mastersculpt?
Old 04-18-2018, 03:17 PM   #627
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Grumpy, when can we expect the print and paint-up for this mastersculpt?
I would say 100% at STGCC 2018 in september, don´t know if they will show him before.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #628
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I would say 100% at STGCC 2018 in september, don´t know if they will show him before.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #629
Divo

Grumpy, get us some more teaser pics! The suspense is killing me!
Old 05-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #630
nearmint
Phoenix

At the moment, I'm a bit nervous about keeping my PO for the Sideshow Wolvie. This one might blow it out of the water.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote