Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-27-2018, 05:57 PM   #511
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

$250 more than G1, it has been over a year since G1 went up plus G3 is a bit bigger, still a hefty price tag for a 1:4 statue.

I've got a feeling this is the last we will see of the Guyvers from Prime 1, Guyver 2 at $1K+ will be a hard sell, I also think they will struggle to sell the G1 Gigantic as well, Gigantic Dark is still available with an ES of 250, and I'm pretty sure Aptom has been scrapped.

I hope I'm wrong as I really want a proto-Zoalord Murakami.
majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:32 PM   #512
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
$250 more than G1, it has been over a year since G1 went up plus G3 is a bit bigger, still a hefty price tag for a 1:4 statue.

I've got a feeling this is the last we will see of the Guyvers from Prime 1, Guyver 2 at $1K+ will be a hard sell, I also think they will struggle to sell the G1 Gigantic as well, Gigantic Dark is still available with an ES of 250, and I'm pretty sure Aptom has been scrapped.

Unfortunately I think you may be right, Guyver 0 isn't all that impressive and feels unnecessary. Gigantic is important to the story but he also wasn't all that impressive. The version of aptom they went with should have been chaos mode.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:53 PM   #513
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

Well Guyver 0 was only ( lol only ) $899 and that's got a HUGE crazy base and no swap outs....so if they went with a more reserved base for Guyver 2 and no or minimal swap outs i think they could make him happen for $799....

If we look at the recent Geralt at $749 and Eileen The Crow at $799 both are crazy detailed intricate pieces while the Guyvers are relatively simple in comparison without the insane bases.....

I think if they did do another Guyver though it would be 2F at this point.

I really hope Aptom does make it, to have him in anyform would be fantastic....Form 4 probably would have been a better choice still.

To get Guyot in Zoalord form or Murakami would be amazing and a change from what's been done so far....Guyot with the remover and attachable armour like the Biofighter figure would be amazing.....and Murakami with an Enzyme 2 base pretty much designs itself lol.

I haven't picked up Gigantic Dark just because i'm not feeling it, i think the EX is great but i can't get on with those woeful bases for it and Gigantic....something to pick up after release....

I'd have no problem them doing characters like Murakami and Guyver 2 with simpler bases and no swapouts for a lower price point as long as we got them....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:57 PM   #514
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Unfortunately I think you may be right, Guyver 0 isn't all that impressive and feels unnecessary. Gigantic is important to the story but he also wasn't all that impressive. The version of aptom they went with should have been chaos mode.
I couldn't disagree more about Aptom, Evil Form Aptom wasn't a good design and was very brief, definitely not something i would have been happy with as the one and only Aptom form, i'll take Omegablast any day over Evil.

And Guyver 0 while yes maybe unnecessary so early in the line and probably shouldn't have been made before G2 or other characters.....i think is a great concept and just looks amazing, i think people don't get how big and impressive it's going to be lol....also it's a pretty ----ing great moment in the Manga.....i'm just as excited for G0 as G1 and 3.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:48 PM   #515
Silverfox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I really hope they release everything that has been shown so far.
Also would love a Guyver II to complete the Guyvers
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:22 PM   #516
qz33
Doctor Doom

Don't care what anyone says about space or price these deserve 1/3?

Why is everyone doubting on P1's Guyvers? The 1st hasn't even been released yet. So far P1 is still marching to the beat of their own drum.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:23 PM   #517
qz33
Doctor Doom

Murakami is a must!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:29 PM   #518
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I was expecting $1100......$1250 is pretty pricey and while i appreciate the extra arms they will be left int he box...like i said above i like the normal standing pose over the arms folded.....might see what the reg is priced at....
Regular is 999$ just dont be fool the looking guyver is taller and bigger and also greygole is much bigger than ramotith. I saw the statue overall much bigger in general and you got much more exchange parts.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:33 AM   #519
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Regular is 999$ just dont be fool the looking guyver is taller and bigger and also greygole is much bigger than ramotith. I saw the statue overall much bigger in general and you got much more exchange parts.
Don't worry i won't be fool.

My point is the bust is adding on $250 to this and if i don't want to display the bust or the folded arms pose i can save $250.....leading up to this i was all about the crossed arms pose but seeing it on the body i'm not sure it works as well as the other poses...

I got time to think i never pre-order until the Payment plans kick in on SS anyway so i've got 5 -6 months yet
Old 09-28-2018, 08:55 AM   #520
SONICobra
Batman

oh man crossed arms pose is where its at for me
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote