Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-17-2021, 05:11 PM   #151
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It looks like they're all sold out on Prime 1's website.

https://www.prime1studio.com/ed2-ash...med2-01ex.html

https://www.prime1studio.com/ed2-ash...-mmed2-01.html
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:23 PM   #152
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
It looks like they're all sold out on Prime 1's website.
I noticed that too. Sideshow has the EX on waitlist now. I found a preorder with BBTS for EX so just placed order there. Will have to wait and find out which version I’ll get.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:36 PM   #153
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
I noticed that too. Sideshow has the EX on waitlist now. I found a preorder with BBTS for EX so just placed order there. Will have to wait and find out which version I’ll get.
It's sold out there too. Makes sense. This is by far the best Evil Dead collectible to ever come out. We've been waiting for something like this. I see this being highly coveted.
Old 03-17-2021, 05:57 PM   #154
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
It's sold out there too. Makes sense. This is by far the best Evil Dead collectible to ever come out. We've been waiting for something like this. I see this being highly coveted.
Looks like mine was the last one. Can’t wait to get him. Wanted a good Ash forever
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:39 PM   #155
Jack Burton

I got mine last week. Maybe I'm not as critical as some of the youtube reviewers I've watched, but this thing is amazing. Yes, we all know the discrepancies by now, but they don't take away from the awesomeness of this statue. I love everything about it. Well worth the 20+ years of waiting.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:14 PM   #156
Thor57
Teen Titans

Who has been critical of it? I know horror and monster collectibles had some issues with the tear in the shirt as well as the ability to use the possessed head with that particular look, but overall he was really complimentary. His is the only I've seen.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:24 PM   #157
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Who has been critical of it? I know horror and monster collectibles had some issues with the tear in the shirt as well as the ability to use the possessed head with that particular look, but overall he was really complimentary. His is the only I've seen.
He pointed out a bunch of the inaccuracies ( I believe the deer having incorrect antlers, and that the length of the shotgun should have been shorter at the point of the movie where he has the chainsaw). That's just off the top of my head. I know he likes it though.

Another member a few pages ago: "I love anything Evil Dead, but the likeness to Bruce is still off and the pose is a bit odd. If I'm nitpicking, and I suppose to some degree I am, Henrietta is the wrong color. Instead of gray, she should be a fleshy yellow. This is cool, but it's not a knock out of the park. It looks like they changed their payment plans also. 5 months at $300 before shipping is a hard pill to swallow for this."

Other comments in this thread:

"Quality-wise it definitely looks much better, but I still can't say I see a huge improvement in accuracy. Maybe it's just me." (regarding the headsculpts)

"Anyone else think the pose is weak?"

"I think it would be better if the shotgun arm was down a bit so it was pointing at her instead of over her head."

Anyway, people have been pretty critical of the headsculpts as a whole imo (while it was in production). It almost held me back from getting one of these. The video reviews helped.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:24 PM   #158
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Anyway, people have been pretty critical of the headsculpts as a whole imo (while it was in production). It almost held me back from getting one of these. The video reviews helped.
Movies are tricky because collectors are tremendously critical of anything that is based on actual actors that isn't precisely accurate to what they've seen on a film frame. It defines it for them.

It's just the nature of the source material especially at this price and collectors are spoiled the increase in accuracy over the past very few years.

Like ECC's Freddy maquette. Didn't get it because I couldn't see Robert Englund anywhere in it. As a statue it is amazing but Englund IS Freddy just like Bruce Campbell IS Ash.
I actually think this P1 Ash likeness is quite good and better than a lot of ECC's attempts. Almost nothing is worse than their Indian Jones.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:15 PM   #159
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Movies are tricky because collectors are tremendously critical of anything that is based on actual actors that isn't precisely accurate to what they've seen on a film frame. It defines it for them.

It's just the nature of the source material especially at this price and collectors are spoiled the increase in accuracy over the past very few years.

Like ECC's Freddy maquette. Didn't get it because I couldn't see Robert Englund anywhere in it. As a statue it is amazing but Englund IS Freddy just like Bruce Campbell IS Ash.
I actually think this P1 Ash likeness is quite good and better than a lot of ECC's attempts. Almost nothing is worse than their Indian Jones.
Yeah, let's not talk about Indiana Jones.

And yeah, I think this is the best Evil Dead 2 Ash headsculpt. (Granted, I like the closed mouth the best). Why do I say "Evil Dead 2 headsculpt"??? Because Neca and other companies probably just scanned Bruce Campbell's head for the Ash vs Evil Dead toys. They are pretty ridiculous for the money. I wouldn't mind someone making an older Ash statue with a scanned portrait. Can't have too much Bruce.