Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-11-2023, 05:47 PM   #91
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Although I've noticed this disparity in many other cases, not so much on this one. This Loki seems mostly maligned everywhere.
It's Mr. Sinister all over again. Wait and wait and wait years for someone to make them, and when they finally do, the piece sucks.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 07:23 PM   #92
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Loki is being roasted just like Sinister.
Frankly the bases were bad on both, but at least Sinister himself looked pretty good (silly face aside). Meanwhile Loki just look like an old leprechaun who hit a cheap costume store.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 07:30 AM   #93
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Wow, this goofy looking Loki is pretty bad, especially when compared to the recent fan art. Perhaps XM had a better design originally, but Marvel wouldn't approve it.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 01:02 PM   #94
AC_808
Hercules

I just feel like the character was misunderstood when the concept for this was being drawn up. There is just so many other portrayals (better ones) of Loki other than this.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 06:34 PM   #95
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Sinister himself looked pretty good (silly face aside)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 08:51 PM   #96
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I didn’t hate Sinister as much as many of you guys. But I also always thought Sinister’s outfit was insane. Still do. I mean look at that thing!

Do I totally respect true fans flaying of the piece - for sure - bc I happily shred the hell outta bad Storm and She-Ra statues.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 09:00 AM   #97
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I didn?t hate Sinister as much as many of you guys. But I also always thought Sinister?s outfit was insane. Still do. I mean look at that thing!

Do I totally respect true fans flaying of the piece - for sure - bc I happily shred the hell outta bad Storm and She-Ra statues.
LOL, but notice how it's been months and months and months since his reveal and he hasn't gone up for PO yet?

EDIT: I just checked the Sinister thread, and it's now been literally a year since that prototype was revealed. I bet they ninja scrapped it.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 11:52 AM   #98
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I'll give credit to XM at least they have a comic 1/4th loki, where as sideshow only has the movie 1/4th.

I thought the shadow teaser was showing us the older portrayal rather than the younger one. Not sure if they only had permission to create the newer look rather than the older comics look.

Did they miss the mark for most people ? Looking like it, I'll even agree with others most the portraits on recent customs have been better. They occasionally listen to some feedback but the overall issue is markets changing from where they started. They need to improve the portraits (make them look more vibrant and less flat), base sizes (collectors are getting more limited on space), weight (shipping cost are crazy), and probably more that other folks can chime in on.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:35 AM   #99
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GHeroes News

"Pictures from XM Studios Loki Classic 1/4 Statue at Singapore Comic Con 2023.

God of Mischief, Loki, plans to get rid of his brother Thor to fulfill his own agenda. What other crafty schemes is he plotting next?"

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote