Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-25-2018, 03:51 PM   #181
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
HERE you go Matt

Interesting, they look to go on a bit thick, but that might actually be a benefit in this case given the texture on the standard eye. Alclad will show all of that whereas yours seems to have given a nice shiny/smooth finish without the need for sanding. So how was the final finish in person? No visible smudges or pen/brush marks etc?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #182
qz33
Baron Zemo

I wish ECC would do, (or Prime 1) this guy and his shell body a la ECC's Rosenberg bust.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:45 PM   #183
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Interesting, they look to go on a bit thick, but that might actually be a benefit in this case given the texture on the standard eye. Alclad will show all of that whereas yours seems to have given a nice shiny/smooth finish without the need for sanding. So how was the final finish in person? No visible smudges or pen/brush marks etc?
It’s the perfect consistency thick enough not to run everywhere but thin enough to spread easily. It basically self levels when you put it on, really interesting to watch actually as when you very first apply it, it looks hazy then as it levels out it chromes over (and for the first time ever making watching paint dry actually interesting! )
Plus the more it dries the greater the chrome effect becomes as it levels out even more. Those pics I took were before it was completely dry.
alclad is great but like you say because it goes on so thin it shows every imperfection.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:47 AM   #184
Python
Omega Red

I'm not sure how this thing hasn't sold out yet, but Prime 1 have it with 30% off currently dropping it to $489. That is crazy cheap for a huge Life size bust produced to a very high standard with translucent resin.

https://www.prime1studio.com/id4-alien-lsidr-01.html

Mine.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #185
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm not sure how this thing hasn't sold out yet, but Prime 1 have it with 30% off currently dropping it to $489. That is crazy cheap for a huge Life size bust produced to a very high standard with translucent resin.
Looks cool! Congrats.

The reason it's not sold out is most likely that it's not from a popular franchise.
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #186
FROBAY
Phoenix

That’s a steal.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:03 PM   #187
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

can it be bought direct from P1?
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #188
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxel View Post
Looks cool! Congrats.

The reason it's not sold out is most likely that it's not from a popular franchise.

Thanks, I've had mine for quite a long time. ID4 was the highest grossing movie for many years and is still relevant and watchable to this day thanks to its brilliant practical effects, so you'd think it would have a bigger fan base within our community given it's wonderful creature and vehicle designs etc. It's a shame that Prime 1 cancelled the Alien maquetts, I was looking forward to those. But this bust really is awesome, for this kind of price it's a no brainer for anybody with even the slightest interest in ID4.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #189
qz33
Baron Zemo

Still wish they'd do a torso of this in it's host/shell.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:04 AM   #190
Python
Omega Red

This awesome bust finally sold out! Shame it took so long, if it had been a better seller, who knows what similar products we might have seen. Still, I'm happy I have this thing. It's easily the the best balanced collectible I have in my entire collection in terms of quality vs price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Look forward to those modded pics! (In the correct thread obviously!) I need to redo mine, they’ve held up well but to get a perfect finish I should of really gave them a light sand and gloss coat before going in with the chrome

Moving this discussion to the relevant thread before we annoy people. As I briefly mentioned, I am correcting the eyes on mine next week. Usually I would sand and alclad them. But alclad is a delicate thing and shows every single blemish. I was so impressed by your results that I ordered a Molotow 2mm liquid chrome pen yesterday. I was going to just use that until I saw your post above. Should I be reconsidering? Or should I stick to the plan and just add a light sanding into the mix first? I've never used the stuff before so I'm going on your experience with it.