Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #211
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

That's true. I just think for $600, you would be getting better quality all around. I would understand more if this statue were $250.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #212
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
It is not "hollow". It weighs almost 60 lbs. Part of it is hollow but all large similar type statues have hollow parts just as this one does. If you think SS statues of about this size have no hollow parts you are very much mistaken. This isn't my thread but it was discussed here

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=39410

I've seen several broken SS statues that are hollow, this is how they are made for a lot of reasons.

RE the styrofoam, it is attrocious and the worst thing about the Thor and Athena statues I got from ARH but they are no longer using this going forward. I don't think they realized it would be this bad and nearly all of these came out at or near the same time.
Wait! WHOA! When and where did you hear about this? So they are no longer using this crappy styrofoam? I just asked ARH on the new ARH website and forum.

That is great news indeed if this is true and about time. On small light statues I dont mind the cheap foam, but on heavy more expensive statues, its mandatory to use better styrofoam.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #213
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
That's true. I just think for $600, you would be getting better quality all around. I would understand more if this statue were $250.
Hey Northern you know I agree with you on the stryofoam (which is why I gave PCS such a hard time with the Scorpion statue that arrived badly damaged).

However, I can't even begin to tell you how phenomenal the paint job and sculpt is on these statues. And I finally took the plunge and bought an ARH Athena (base arrived broken due to poor packaging--sending to get fixed on Monday), and let me tell you, easily, EASILY equivalent or BETTER than SS statues.

And here is the kicker, its heavy and solid as hell! The base is 18lbs. by itself and the AThena is a good 6-8lbs. She is very solid and immaculately done!

I go on record now saying ARH statues are among the best in the industry. Just awesome. I am now a fan, especially if they use the better styrofoam going forward.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #214
Halcyon
Loki

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Ha, that is the styro they use on a $600 statue? FAIL!
Quote:
Wow, so what exactly are you paying for if you pay $600 to get dirt cheap packaging and a hollow statue?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #215
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
The Medusa is almost 60 lbs, the shipping weight of Athena is 27 lbs and Thor 36 lbs. These are very good quality, I would say quality of the statues is as good as any company out there.

Price is the thing that made me pass on Medusa but I think all or nearly all of the ARH 1/4 scales have been selling out at these prices so evidently the price point isn't too high and the sizes are huge. If anything I wish they were smaller so they would take up less space and cost less. I would be plenty happy with the same statues in 1/7 scale but I am in the minority.

The styrofoam is horrible which leads to the only (in my opinion) other legitimate beef with ARH statues, the poor packaging and design of packaging leads to too much breakage. I suspect more than other companies. But this is being rectified going forward or that

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Wait! WHOA! When and where did you hear about this? So they are no longer using this crappy styrofoam? I just asked ARH on the new ARH website and forum.

That is great news indeed if this is true and about time. On small light statues I dont mind the cheap foam, but on heavy more expensive statues, its mandatory to use better styrofoam.
It has been posted on -- by either Ave or Arahom that they recognize these and a few other issues (AP and customer service for AP buyers mainly) and have said how they are changing these things going forward.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #216
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well ,I (medusa AP owner) think the price is good cause she is a really nice statue with her size and detail. But as their company, I dont like the package, still not receive the artist proof signature , name plate, breast plate etc!!!
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #217
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
The truth hurts, doesn't it dude. I'm sorry, no one here can honestly and truthfully tell me that they are happy with the cheap packaging and the 50,000 pieces of styrofoam all over your $600 statue.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #218
loricstone
Kang

Yes I got direct confirmation from Arahom on their website/forum that indeed, all future statues will get the better styrofoam.

Sooooo happy!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #219
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

That's good news! There are a few of the females that they have just previewed that are pretty cool. There was an Angel of Darkness (I think) that was a hot woman with huge wings. I hope they didn't scrap that one.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #220
dechirico7
The Flash

I'm waiting for the Vampire Queen. Hopefully, she will have the new packaging. As in, no residue packaging, not just a small improvement. "Instead of your piece being coated in a billion beads of styro, it will only be 2,000," then I won't be interested.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote