Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #521
dortigas
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hi guys im new to the Hottoys department, Im a statue collector supposedly and just recently started collecting these awesome figures, Right now I have Bruce Lee in casual, Jack Sparrow, Batman and Joker from the 89 movie. I just recently payed for this Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne Toyfair exclusive at my local comic book store and would be picking it up around oct 22nd, I have one concern though from all the reviews ive seen on youtube and written ones its seems everyone is having issues with the pegs on the cape and what not. Could anyone elaborate what the struggle is all about and are there any precautions i should know about before attaching them?
dortigas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #522
msisaac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dortigas View Post
Hi guys im new to the Hottoys department, Im a statue collector supposedly and just recently started collecting these awesome figures, Right now I have Bruce Lee in casual, Jack Sparrow, Batman and Joker from the 89 movie. I just recently payed for this Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne Toyfair exclusive at my local comic book store and would be picking it up around oct 22nd, I have one concern though from all the reviews ive seen on youtube and written ones its seems everyone is having issues with the pegs on the cape and what not. Could anyone elaborate what the struggle is all about and are there any precautions i should know about before attaching them?
I don't know about everyone else, but the attachments for the pegs on my figure's suit were not that great. The cape has two small pegs, one on each side, that attach to the body at the neck area. On the body, there are two small holes in the rubber suit. On the inside of those holes are two small black "washers". The pegs on the cape are supposed to go through the holes in the rubber suit and snap into the "washers", which hold the whole thing together. One of the "washers" on my figure wasn't even attached, so I had to come up with my own solution to attach the cape to my figure. Really shoddy QC on that. If I remember correctly, the cape comes with little clear plastic washers already on the pegs when it ships. You're supposed to remove those and plug the cape into the small black washers attached to the rubber suit. Since one of my black washers was missing, I had to put one of the clear washers on the inside of the suit so that I could actually attach the cape and have it stay in place. The pieces are VERY small and difficult to handle with fingers, so trying to get the clear washer in the right place and attach the cape to it was pretty time consuming for me.
msisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #523
dortigas
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I just got back from the store i pre ordered it from. Sad news every Toy Fair exclusive of Batman/Bruce Wayne all had defected ankle ball joints. I tried to even press them in the socket but the thing just wont take a thousand tons of pressure. Il probably have to pass this one which really sucks because its the amazing Christian Bale face that sold it for me in the beginning. I also took a look at the old The Dark Knight Batman Begins suit Hot toy only to find out although the ankles fit and function better than the Toy Fair exclusive one, it still somewhat d attaches easily with a few simple posses.
dortigas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #524
msisaac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dortigas View Post
I just got back from the store i pre ordered it from. Sad news every Toy Fair exclusive of Batman/Bruce Wayne all had defected ankle ball joints. I tried to even press them in the socket but the thing just wont take a thousand tons of pressure. Il probably have to pass this one which really sucks because its the amazing Christian Bale face that sold it for me in the beginning. I also took a look at the old The Dark Knight Batman Begins suit Hot toy only to find out although the ankles fit and function better than the Toy Fair exclusive one, it still somewhat d attaches easily with a few simple posses.
Yeah, mine had a broken ankle joint in addition to the shoddy cape pegs. I had to peel the rubber boot down all the way, which is really difficult. The plastic heal of the foot had broken off of my Bats. I superglued it back in place and carefully put the ankle ball back into the foot, then carefully rolled the rubber boot back over everything. I didn't mess with it after that. The piece definitely had problems, but since I pose once and just display the figure without messing with it, it's not a huge deal to me.
msisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #525
freaky yves
U talkin' to me?

same problem here , baljoint broken
freaky yves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #526
Weiworks
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

That's cool.

Wish the buckles weren't gold colored.

-Wei
Sexy Drawings | Sexy Statues | Sexy Art
3D Modeling
Weiworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #527
CompEng1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

This is being re-released now. Thinking hard about getting it for the Tumbler display. I hope they have addressed some of the issues since last years release. Nevermind, it's sold out! LOL! You snooze you lose I guess.
CompEng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #528
RAGINGDEMON500
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmario View Post
damn is this a common issue with batman?
looks like HT put some Plasti Dip on him..
RAGINGDEMON500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #529
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I opted for the TDK Original version, back when this one was released, i liked it more and to this day, while waiting for my EB Batman to arrive is my personal favorite Batman release based to the movie, amazing detail indeed:

Also here is the much sought after TDK 2costume, i think it is great too.

For both of them i prefer the Batman mask on, instead of Christian Bale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02662.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	75369   Click image for larger version

Name:	batman cave.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	75370   Click image for larger version

Name:	seriosu.jpg