Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

» Spotlight
DGK PCS Juri DGK PCS Ken Tweeterhead Current Interview:

Old 04-13-2019, 10:06 PM   #1
gagaliya
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
Adamantium Member

Tsume HQS - wtf? real or fake sellout?

For those of you who are closer to this company, can someone explain this to me.

Tsume puts up a HQS piece like below, it cost $800 before shipping and has a 2500 ES. I get it's a pretty popular naruto character... but it sells out in like a few days. I just can't believe that's real. Maybe if it was 3 years ago.. but in today's market, it is impossible to imagine a 2500 ES $800 statue sells out like this...i don't care how nice it looks, and this one for example looks good but nothing earth shattering.

So what's going on? is the company just fake selling out like what PCS/jerry used to pull, to drive up hype. Or you guys think collectors really bought 2500 of them in a few days?

https://www.tsume-art.com/en/shop/sa...mon-of-susanoo
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:30 PM   #2
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF Reviewer

Apparently this includes all the wholesales/retailers etc

They did the same thing with Goku Vs Nappa, said it was sold out in days but everywhere has it in stock still even now.

Also other "sold out" items have come back up for order eventually.

PCS we're selling Edition Sizes of 200-300 so i do believe they sold out up to a point but as you say 2500 in a day or so at this point in time is crazy....in fact i believe they had sold a 1000 in about 15 minutes according to their posts.

I have a much much harder time believing they sold out their Ichigo bust as quick as they did at 1400 euro and limited to a 1000.....life size bustss are notoriously harder to sell than statues but again Tsume did it in a few days...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #3
Crash421
U talkin' to me?

This includes all contracted sales with partner stores. These stores are allocated a certain amount, the remainder are sold to the public. So out of the 2500 just sold maybe 500 are sold to partner stores and 2000 direct. That’s how they got a sudden inventory a few months back. They had two premium shops cancel orders (one went out of business or something like that). These are not all direct sales.
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:17 AM   #4
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

2.5k es is nothing to them. Fastest was hashirama and Robin. Hashirama 2hrs, robin 4hrs.

They are still market leaders and the anime statue market is very big.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote