Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-18-2017, 10:28 PM   #541
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Wow this is still not wl yet? Surely this is a show stunner and by the feedback people love it. The seam means nothing to me since I love switch outs and see them all the time. I have this on po on day 1 because I didn't want to miss it. The only one factor I see people not making this sell out has to be the price. At 750 Es with a good ex. I bet if this was less costly it would've been long gone. Same with superman at 500 Es with a good ex. White furry venom. Prices might be too high for 1:4 to make a fast sell out for the most part. Just a guess... then we see spidey 2099 which is less popular selling out much faster which has a much less price tag. Gotta be prices.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:27 PM   #542
Mr.Knight
Justice League

Yeah looks like the seam is a deal breaker for most people. Pretty sad, I think it is superior to other Venoms.
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:24 AM   #543
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Knight View Post
Yeah looks like the seam is a deal breaker for most people. Pretty sad, I think it is superior to other Venoms.
I'm sure they're doing their best, they are aware of the seam issue and told us they were doing test so wait and see..i've it on PO and i think this is an awesome Venom statue
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:37 AM   #544
sash501
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I PO'd it too. But I agree, I think the price is keeping this from going to wl. SS Venom is 2/3 the price and that exclusive is still available too. If someone wants Venom, they have to be very strong on their opinion on one over the other to justify an additional $300 . . . assuming these two have close to the same shipping.

One last thought: I think these two hitting the secondary market will likely bring the demand for the XM Venom down. People on ebay trying to get $2K for that XM better hope they sell it within the next 6-12 months because when these two come out and people have more options with better prices . . .
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #545
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I wish there was some way of squeezing this into a tall Besta, event at an angle.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:07 PM   #546
Sandman585
Hydra

so they have acknowledged the seam? Hopefully they update us soon on that.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #547
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
so they have acknowledged the seam? Hopefully they update us soon on that.
They were going to do some drop tests to see how it held up.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:02 PM   #548
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

The seam kills it for me. I think the piece is the best of the three honestly. McFarlane head wise it's spot on but the Dark Origins Venom isn't what most of us are after but those head sculpts are absolutely beautiful. Fix the seam and you will see this piece sell out.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:07 PM   #549
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Even with the seam I think this is the best of the three with xm at a very close second. It will be a super win without the seam but i'm still picking it up with the seam. Can't let this one pass me by. Can't wait to see their final traditional spiderman statue. I might sell my Iron Studios spider man and pick up P1's
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:10 PM   #550
azurepred
Zot

considering the xm has been going for $1700-1800 lately, there is no point in even comparing the two anymore cause the xm is defn NOT anywhere close to 2x as good as this one IMO. The seam doesn't matter to me, you can only see it from behind.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote