Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #111
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
The Arkham designs of these characters are some of the best. IMO Deathstroke, Scarecrow, Freeze and Robin are amazing designs, realistic and yet still in the spirit of the comics
When you say the best, are you comparing them to other video game designs, or making a broader comparison?
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #112
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

For me, the Batman designs I like the most are the Dark Knight Returns, the Batman cartoon from the 90s, Jim Lee's interpretation, and finally the Arkham games versions. When I was younger, I would say it was between the 90s cartoon interpretation and Jim Lee's take on him, but as I've gotten older, I now think the Arkham games have the best Batman designs I've seen. It could also be because with the comics and cartoons, I was more of a spectator reading about Batman, but with the games, I'm controlling him and actually feel like I'm Batman. I would also imagine if Batman was real and facing enemies like Bane, Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, etc., he'd actually need to wear something like in the games. Otherwise, he'd probably get killed within the first week lol.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:56 PM   #113
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I never played the games so I will look at how the comic versions will come out. Will p1 make a comic 1/3 stroker? I'm sure it's possible now that we are getting comicbook versions of the DC characters. Also a comic Harley would be cool too.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:07 AM   #114
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
The Arkham designs of these characters are some of the best. IMO Deathstroke, Scarecrow, Freeze and Robin are amazing designs, realistic and yet still in the spirit of the comics
I agree. They're some of the best. Their Two-Face and Scarecrow are absolutely incredible. It kills me not to get them. But I just can't. If not for the money, for the space. They're way too big.

GOD I WISH THEY WERE 1/4.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:24 AM   #115
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
I agree. They're some of the best. Their Two-Face and Scarecrow are absolutely incredible. It kills me not to get them. But I just can't. If not for the money, for the space. They're way too big.

This, exactly. For whatever reason, I didn't play Arkham Asylum until Arkham City came out, and the very first few minutes I played it, I was blown away by how everything was so perfect. The suit, the character designs, the environment and atmosphere, and they even brought in the voice actors from the Animated Series. I don't think anything outside of the comic medium has better represented the world of Batman than the Arkham games.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #116
swim
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post

I have to agree with you, I want all the bad guys but displaying is an issue. 1/4 = perfect
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #117
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
I have to agree with you, I want all the bad guys but displaying is an issue. 1/4 = perfect
Go with Pax, it makes displaying 1/3 and 1/4 nearly interchangeable. I love it

aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #118
azurepred
Zot

too many 1/3 pieces in a short amount of time. Imo, they should have done maybe 5 characters from this franchise, then moved on. Over saturation, definitely. Unless one only collects this line, which maybe 1% of collectors do, it's too difficult to keep up with it financially and space wise.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #119
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Still have bane on pre order and cant wait until he is released. I decided to go with prime 1 over the sideshow version.
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:49 PM   #120
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
too many 1/3 pieces in a short amount of time. Imo, they should have done maybe 5 characters from this franchise, then moved on. Over saturation, definitely. Unless one only collects this line, which maybe 1% of collectors do, it's too difficult to keep up with it financially and space wise.
It's too much to collect the whole line, but we are getting Batman figures that we would normally never see and may never see ever again, which is good. Sucks that they are 1/3 scale, but we may never see certain versions of Batman ever again. I for one, love the Flashpoint Batman. I have to buy it because I'm not confident there will ever be a 1/4 scale.
ComicJesus is online now   Reply With Quote