Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-16-2020, 01:38 AM   #111
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Out of curiosity, which “open mouth” statues are you referring?

My Gouken and Zangief both look good with open mouths. Poison smile portrait is at least okay. I wouldn’t go so far to say it’s bad. It’s decent.

I’m not calling you out. But I would like to better see your point.

Let's go with the tongue first. Both Ultra Juri and Vega had it. On proto it looked great, in production it was closer to the face then it should of been and had some material that connected it to the face where there should have been nothing. Would have loved to use those faces and Juri's will pass unless you look at it close but they are poorly done.

I do not think poison's smiling portrait is good at all. Not only did it not look good on the proto it was worse in production. PCS has this weird thing with teeth smiles where instead of the teeth pointing down they point a little outward and it looks weird as hell, Ultra ken had the same issue. Also there isn't enough definition to the individual teeth so there's no clearly defined lines, just looks like a lumpy mouthguard or something. Which is a damn shame cause I have poison and roxy and I would have loved to have a different head on each of them but I do not like that face at all.

Gouken isn't that good either, not the worst but I would choose the closed mouth portrait over the other two any day. Paint is a bit thick and the two front teeth are a little too long on the open mouth one, gives him a bit of a chipmunk look.

Even the new proto for the chun li the mouth is barely open and I don't think it looks right. Otherwise it's a beautiful looking statue but look at this

Proto and both sides of the mouth are missing white paint. Honestly they should have just done the entire mouth lip colored, as it is it looks like she's missing some teeth.

If they do a fully open mouth they can get it ok sometimes except the there still isn't enough detail/definition in the teeth just a white line maybe with some bumps. Zangief is really the only 1/4th scale stand out to me on the SF line. Even the brand new sakura, basically just a flat white line for teeth... Do something like ultimate warrior and I'll be impressed otherwise substandard.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:09 AM   #112
red_ant
Producer
Producer

R. Mika and Zangief will look great together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F1B883D6-BE74-48BA-AD39-D8DE32E23042.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	133173  
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:55 AM   #113
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
R. Mika and Zangief will look great together.

Thank you!!!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:36 AM   #114
ukshaun
Hercules

R. Mika appears to be shaping up to be the best of the group so far.

Chun-Li features a great sculpt. The portrait fails in my eyes to look Asian. She looks Irish. The hair section at the front fails to look correct.
Laura Matsuda features a great sculpt. The portrait is questionable.
Karin looks harmless enough. Not being a Karin fan, find it difficult to form an opinion.

Not a line a want to get into.
I want Laura Masuda wearing classic green looking like the game character. 1/4 or 1/3 scale will do.

In my eye's, this is how Chun-Li looks. This in 1/4 ro 1/3 scale would be mind blowing!

Chun-Li
Scale: Life-size

https://artne.jp/report/989

Update: Just located this higher resolution image.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:38 AM   #115
Aranea
Doh!

The R Mika statue is looking good. Thanks for the update.
Aranea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #116
dao2
Cyclops

Indeed looking forward to R. Mika! One of my favorite SF characters. That collar on her costume makes for a great seam to switch portraits if she had more than one :P

Also apparently Menat is next.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:55 PM   #117
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Indeed looking forward to R. Mika! One of my favorite SF characters. That collar on her costume makes for a great seam to switch portraits if she had more than one :P

Also apparently Menat is next.
Strongly agree!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #118
ukshaun
Hercules

Mika's base?
Old 10-02-2020, 10:41 PM   #119
dao2
Cyclops

Could be. In general I don't really care about the swimsuit line but R. Mika is one that I might get both versions for.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:46 AM   #120
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Could be. In general I don't really care about the swimsuit line but R. Mika is one that I might get both versions for.
Has to be..
Will be interesting to see if they manage to get the waves to be jumping up?