Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-31-2017, 06:52 PM   #51
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Jim Lee Cyclops will always be my favorite version..so for me this is a win! Now, just need to see how it is executed.
I agree it's the best version of clops ever made. Just never like the ss pose at all. This one has all the good heads, pose and emotion on it. The best clops ever made period.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:06 PM   #52
aa909
The Green Hornet

^^^ Agree, but we need to see the actual printed piece.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:31 PM   #53
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
And painted. Don't undervalue how much paint affects a piece.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:32 PM   #54
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
With xm the Proto pic is the po! You snooze you lose is the motto! no need to see anything but a sketch and it's sold out before a actual po date is set. Anyone else who does this will get no po's. Go xm!
Old 05-31-2017, 08:54 PM   #55
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
With xm the Proto pic is the po! You snooze you lose is the motto! no need to see anything but a sketch and it's sold out before a actual po date is set. Anyone else who does this will get no po's. Go xm!
LMAO!! so true, better PO this with my contact asap
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #56
Odank
Fantastic Four

I love the concept and the sketched portraits. I do find the right leg propped on that higher piece of debris a little awkward/forced. I'd work on that a bit.
Odank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:24 PM   #57
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I will get this but I completely agree. Not sure why no company seems to want to make the best version of him : )
Byrne era is classic X-MEN. As much as I like Jim Lee's art, I HATE his costume designs. All the pouches, straps, and bomber jackets are as lame as lame can be. Not to mention his hideous costume designs of the NEW 52 for DC. It's as bad as bad can get. Lee drawing the X-MEN in classic costumes is as good as it gets for me (along with Byrne). IMO, Lee is a phenomenal artist but a lousy costume designer.

So, I've reached a breaking point. If ANY company wants my money, it's 1/4 Byrne era X-MEN for me, or I pass....every time.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:47 PM   #58
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I wouldn't say all of his designs are bad -- Gambit, Rogue, and Psylocke, are pretty sweet and damn iconic.

ITA with Jean and Storm's looks though. Thigh pads and should pads. Whew doggie.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #59
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I wouldn't say all of his designs are bad -- Gambit, Rogue, and Psylocke, are pretty sweet and damn iconic.

ITA with Jean and Storm's looks though. Thigh pads and should pads. Whew doggie.
I'm personally not all that interested in Gambit or Betsy and I'll take Rogue's classic look any day of the week. For me, the best Rogue statue out there is the classic AH COM. That's my favorite look for her. I do agree that Psylocke looks amazing in Lee's costume. IMO, I was never a big fan of Gambit's costume. I actually think it looks bad but is mainly covered up by his trench coat.

I'm just not a big fan of Lee's costume designs. I'm still trying to get over his lame NEW 52 designs. Those irk me whenever I see them.

Ultimately, I only NEED 5 more X-MEN characters in 1/4 scale for my collection. Colossus, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Cyclops, and Storm. I know SSC released a classic Storm PF but it didn't wow me. The same with XM's Phoenix (all 3 portraits didn't do it for me). So, somewhere down the line I hope a company releases 1/4 statues of Byrne era X-MEN that I'll like and want to add to my collection. My money is staying in my wallet until this happens.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #60
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I say Jim, cable creator rob, Todd, silvestri, etc is the best to ever drawn imo. They changed the industry forever!