Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-02-2018, 05:29 PM   #111
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Excuse me?
I think that your statement is bs. I don't consider myself as a XM fanboy since I criticize a lot of things that they are doing. I'm more a "statue" fanboy, whatever the brand.
So I can clearly state this: XM production pieces are clearly better than Sideshows.
You have to be blind or a Sideshow fanboy to say the opposite.
If we would speak of Sideshow old pieces like X-men sentinel dio or all the old classic pf (doom, thor etc...) I would say they are equal quality.
But not with today pieces, clearly.
You’re on glue if you think sideshows old stuff is better than what they produce today. You may not like the art style they have been taking and in a few cases, neither do I, but as far as production quality goes, they’re light years ahead of where they used to be.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:04 PM   #112
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
You’re on glue if you think sideshows old stuff is better than what they produce today. You may not like the art style they have been taking and in a few cases, neither do I, but as far as production quality goes, they’re light years ahead of where they used to be.
I have to agree. Sideshow's quality has improved significantly compared to the past. I remember there was a time googly eyes were expected, damage was commonplace, and replacements were plentiful. Some people just tend to forget. That's not to say production issues have been eradicated, but they're fewer than I remember.

I'm guessing the increased price coming around the time production work improved is no coincidence. They hired better factories and the pieces got more elaborate.
Bill Lehecka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:46 PM   #113
demonhunter
Kingpin

The earliest time I started collecting Sideshow was the time they made Adam Hughes Emma Frost statue. I think that was my first Sideshow piece.

The other piece that was old and one of the most sought after piece from Sideshow back then was the Cyclops + Colossus holding severed Sentinel head dioarama. I only got to see that at the store.

Back then, Sideshow had some very impressive pieces. Like the diorama. The other pieces like the Hughes girls were nice too(I have a few) but they weren't super complicated in terms of sculpting or more advanced in paint application.

Looking at the new Sideshow Wolverine, the price is way way higher than what a PF used to be, however, the tone of colours in his arms, his costume, the subtle textures in his mask, the different colours used on the mechanical Sentinel hand, it really gives the effect and impression it "is" metal......Sideshow has really improved a lot recently.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #114
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
What's exactly your point?

I criticize XM when they mess up. I am no fanboy. And the same way I congratulate Sideshow when they do an awesome job.

So I ask again, what IS the point of your misinformed snark?
Almost half of this thread has been bashing on Sideshow and comparing to XM. You even went after a fan of Sideshow...on the Sideshow board. Just saying, since you have such a preference, there is a section, just for you. You seem very touchy about getting labeled with a label you are so quick to throw out...

Go ahead, put me on ignore, then post about it...
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:21 PM   #115
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
The earliest time I started collecting Sideshow was the time they made Adam Hughes Emma Frost statue. I think that was my first Sideshow piece.

The other piece that was old and one of the most sought after piece from Sideshow back then was the Cyclops + Colossus holding severed Sentinel head dioarama. I only got to see that at the store.

Back then, Sideshow had some very impressive pieces. Like the diorama. The other pieces like the Hughes girls were nice too(I have a few) but they weren't super complicated in terms of sculpting or more advanced in paint application.

Looking at the new Sideshow Wolverine, the price is way way higher than what a PF used to be, however, the tone of colours in his arms, his costume, the subtle textures in his mask, the different colours used on the mechanical Sentinel hand, it really gives the effect and impression it "is" metal......Sideshow has really improved a lot recently.
Having had 2 Wolverine PF's the first and the second (will own the 3rd), outside of weight, the first one doesn't hold up in any way.

I have a feeling the same will be true of the old Rogue (I can't believe what that sells for) and this. Now, weather or not it is to someones taste is a whole other matter. But they hit a much higher mark than what they put out even 3 or 4 years ago.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:38 PM   #116
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Having had 2 Wolverine PF's the first and the second (will own the 3rd), outside of weight, the first one doesn't hold up in any way.

I have a feeling the same will be true of the old Rogue (I can't believe what that sells for) and this. Now, weather or not it is to someones taste is a whole other matter. But they hit a much higher mark than what they put out even 3 or 4 years ago.
Honestly, I wasn't even expecting to see such leaps in improvements. I thought I was going to get something along the standards of what Sideshow was doing 3 to 4 years ago. Good for us all that Sideshow is getting much better.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:22 PM   #117
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Getting back to Rogue, I wonder if we have to wait till SDCC for full reveal. Since this is a maquette, they better include another portrait!
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:32 PM   #118
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Getting back to Rogue, I wonder if we have to wait till SDCC for full reveal. Since this is a maquette, they better include another portrait!
It's going to be long 3 weeks if that's the case :/
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #119
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If I can get the portrait damn near exactly as it in on the print, I might bite on the maquette.

I wonder if her left leg is on the base to add some more stability? And I also wonder if the giant "Up" arrow on her torso will be super prominent
I think the saw is attached to her whole body.. Similar to the kotobukiya Rogue where-in the finger of the sentinel is attached to her leg. I don’t know how they are going to pull it off. The arrow on her torso looks like an X symbol from what I see. I really hope we can get the print and an alternate portrait since its a maquette. I am really excited for the full reveal.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #120
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The alternate face/head from the print would be great. But it seems like SS has a hard time doing those “cute” faces on women.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote