Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-01-2018, 11:57 AM   #31
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If this gets hit with the maquette price tag of $750+... It is going to make me not want it, despite how amazing it looks. Nothing in this photo screams extremely difficult.. and if it is the base, that seams like just a ploy to suck more money out of a fanbase that has clearly wanted a new rogue since the last googly eyed one.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:07 PM   #32
Spam Filter
The Herculoids

The pose looks like a copy of Captain Marvel, and not crazy about that grin.
Spam Filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:18 PM   #33
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
If this gets hit with the maquette price tag of $750+... It is going to make me not want it, despite how amazing it looks. Nothing in this photo screams extremely difficult.. and if it is the base, that seams like just a ploy to suck more money out of a fanbase that has clearly wanted a new rogue since the last googly eyed one.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #34
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I'm not a fan of the price tag, but I also don't like how people have the cheek to say 'nothing seems extremely difficult to do here'. Fair play man, thanks for the production insight.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #35
fsdre
Mephisto

Love this look of rogue so far
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #36
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm waiting for the full reveal to pass judgement, looks pretty good so far. If they want maquette money for this, it has to be perfect to me.
Part of me just wants to buy it if I like it, but the other part of me wants to not support this BS from Sideshow. They are obviously taking advantage. Maquette makes sense for characters that they might not be able to put into scale, but for this, it's obviously a cash grab. The Magneto maquette is a joke. the "complex" base is not worth the money they want for it. I just don't want to support this behaviour from Sideshow where I already feel like their prices are getting out of control.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #37
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Majority of Sideshow statues now the EX is pretty much a fail IMO. However if this has the extra head as the EX and not the reg then looks like I will have no choice but to make my 1st preorder in almost 2 years.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #38
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Pro: sculpt looks REALLY good, great job so far!

Con: a "maquette", means way too expensive for what it is.

damn Sideshow, will you ever learn....
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #39
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Lol, Sideshow knows some of us will pay the "XM" price for a statue with an elaborate base so why not. It's up to us to vote with our wallets.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #40
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Lol, Sideshow knows some of us will pay the "XM" price for a statue with an elaborate base so why not. It's up to us to vote with our wallets.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote