Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #21
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well the article said he wanted to do a reboot. so you think that it will be a reboot of what the new comics will be? and if thats whats going on in the comics today than that just totally sucks donkey balls.
the new take on spawn in the comics is technically a "reboot" from mcfarlanes perspective - so yes, the new movie will be a lot like the current comic. that means, lame. he has said in the past regarding the new movie, that in this version you wont see very much of spawn at all, he would be in the shadows most of the time...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #22
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

McFarlane wants to write, produce and direct. What studio is going to give up their money to let him do that? He did say it would be a lower budget horror style movie. But I still don't see a studio risk $50M on a Spawn reboot.

Has Jamie foxx ever read the comic. Isn't Al Simmons supposed to be a huge muscular black ops solider? I guess in a reboot, Spawn can be skinny just for Jamie. Not sure why Jamie wants to play a character that wears a mask and when he doesn't he's terribly disfigured and not recognizable. Actors usually require a certain amount of face time unmasked. Only examples against this was the new Dredd and V for Vendetta which had actors that don't have the ego and star power others do. Even whats'-his-name who played the Thing found an excuse to get out of the makeup for FF2.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #23
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well lets hope Todd will stick to the old school Spawn way of things.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #24
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
i liked the first one. it had some great special effects, even though the story was a bit slim. john leguizamo as clown was absolutely outstanding!

that performance stands the test of time
i still love it
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #25
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah he was awesome in that film for sure.

you would think the next film they would want to try to make better than the last one. but from the sounds of things. that may not be the case.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #26
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

What's the point of a self-titled film if the main protagonist may not be in altogether????? Sort of defeats the objective personally.

I would add some elements of superhero in it. However not to overwhelm. He might just even appear at the end of the credits with eyes glowing and an evil sinister laugh descending into the backdrop and abyss of darkness or simply put a black background.

I hope I'm not giving any creative input?
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #27
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Ben Affleck should play Spawn. Oh, wait...
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #28
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
McFarlane wants to write, produce and direct. What studio is going to give up their money to let him do that? He did say it would be a lower budget horror style movie. But I still don't see a studio risk $50M on a Spawn reboot.

Has Jamie foxx ever read the comic. Isn't Al Simmons supposed to be a huge muscular black ops solider? I guess in a reboot, Spawn can be skinny just for Jamie. Not sure why Jamie wants to play a character that wears a mask and when he doesn't he's terribly disfigured and not recognizable. Actors usually require a certain amount of face time unmasked. Only examples against this was the new Dredd and V for Vendetta which had actors that don't have the ego and star power others do. Even whats'-his-name who played the Thing found an excuse to get out of the makeup for FF2.

They will probably have him shown similar to the first one, husband/father going to work, dies somewhow, and than prostetics and makeup, mask rest of the time.

I hate how in Joe retaliation there was so much unmasking going on, I was surprised they didn't just show Snake Eyes messed up face. Dredd, and V pulled it off great, and the movies were better for them.

I am looking forward to the reboot, I enjoyed the first one alot, and being so close to Todd, I am sure it will be pretty great, it is when big corporate people stick their hands into it, it becomes worse off.

and John L as Clown was awesome! He was a perfect fit.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #29
SONICobra
Batman

im telling you guys, check out some recent issues of spawn - its nothing like it used to be and todd has no interest in making a super hero comic book and/or movie. sure spawns in the new comic, has a costume but there is little to no action, the plot moves at a snails pace, it reads more like a daytime soap opera than a movie and the art is so dark that even hospitals seem to be running on the back up to the back up generator.

ive read the letter pages several times and he keeps telling people if they want to read a super hero comic, go somewhere else. aside from that I have heard him say in an interview (although it was a while ago) that if he made a new spawn movie, the character would be barely seen at all
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #30
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
im telling you guys, check out some recent issues of spawn - its nothing like it used to be and todd has no interest in making a super hero comic book and/or movie. sure spawns in the new comic, has a costume but there is little to no action, the plot moves at a snails pace, it reads more like a daytime soap opera than a movie and the art is so dark that even hospitals seem to be running on the back up to the back up generator.

ive read the letter pages several times and he keeps telling people if they want to read a super hero comic, go somewhere else. aside from that I have heard him say in an interview (although it was a while ago) that if he made a new spawn movie, the character would be barely seen at all
So if Spawn is in the background, who is the protagonist?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote