Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-22-2020, 07:47 PM   #81
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
“Failed in the portrait area”

Lol, it’s a Print of the game file.

It’s her from the game brought into the real world. You literally cannot get more accurate than that dude.
Are you sure? ..then why do Chun-Li's legs look so?..un_worked out? and her hands so small?
If that is the case, then why did PCS not use the game file for Laura M.?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:42 PM   #82
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Are you sure? ..then why do Chun-Li's legs look so?..un_worked out? and her hands so small?
If that is the case, then why did PCS not use the game file for Laura M.?
in the past PCS only printed the heads out and not the entire bodies, however I haven't heard of any indication that this the swimsuit line is using heads from the files. That being said I think this looks fine.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:38 AM   #83
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
No we do not need more muscles in her legs. Don’t change anything PCS.
What are the odds Prime 1 will be far superior? So far this piece looks great although I do agree she should look more Chinese. Prime 1 did a fantastic job making Katana actually look Japanese as opposed to a Caucasian with slanted eyes or even worse...alien like features 🥴. I hope both will be available at the same time to choose from so we can each commit to what we prefer. I have to agree...do NOT make her more muscular or enlarge the hands to be game accurate. The 1/3 already fills in that niche nicely.
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:48 AM   #84
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
What are the odds Prime 1 will be far superior? So far this piece looks great although I do agree she should look more Chinese. Prime 1 did a fantastic job making Katana actually look Japanese as opposed to a Caucasian with slanted eyes or even worse...alien like features ��. I hope both will be available at the same time to choose from so we can each commit to what we prefer. I have to agree...do NOT make her more muscular or enlarge the hands to be game accurate. The 1/3 already fills in that niche nicely.
Prime 1 has a real good chance to look great, but it's also probably going to be at least $900. Normally I'd say their stuff is pretty awesome but tbh I didn't really like 2/3rds of their shown street fighter that much, certainly no where close to the asking price. That said you should be able to wait.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:16 AM   #85
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Those prime1 piecess are getting way to huge. Most of them are out of the question for me, because i usually want to display the character and not 80% Base and 20% character.
But i have no doubt they will make chun li justice.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:31 AM   #86
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Those prime1 piecess are getting way to huge. Most of them are out of the question for me, because i usually want to display the character and not 80% Base and 20% character.
But i have no doubt they will make chun li justice.
Big bases that help enhance the piece by setting the scene or giving context to the piece is perfectly fine with me. Like sure the Guts base is huge, but it's filled with what he does. He slays daemons and it's filled with dead daemons. Or even the new doom eternal one. In those instances I think they are great. The SF ones though are really just filler bases to me and for those I do think they are a bit of a waste.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:42 AM   #87
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Prime 1 has a real good chance to look great, but it's also probably going to be at least $900. Normally I'd say their stuff is pretty awesome but tbh I didn't really like 2/3rds of their shown street fighter that much, certainly no where close to the asking price. That said you should be able to wait.
Prime 1 is definitely going to cost considerably more but Chun Li is one of the last pieces I want in my collection. She's my "Juggernaut" within Force of Nature's wish list. Ever since she became one of the first playable female yet substantial characters in arcades back in the early 90's, I've looked for a statue that did the character justice. Each time one was slated to come out, I looked forward to the reveal only to be left with the feelings of, "Meh", "Oooooh that's rough", "Doesn't even look Asian", "That's a dude!" or downright, "WTF"?. With the Canadian dollar and stocks in free fall, I'm basically priced out of this hobby but it was fun while it lasted. Here's hoping Prime 1 knocks this one out of the park before CAD is worth less than toilet paper!
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #88
qz33
Doctor Doom

I'd wager P1's Chun-li won't be made until they see how the 1st 3 are going to do or not at all if they haven't done well regardless of what has been announced.

Not getting a good vibe for demand of those 3 especially at the price and current situations are not going to help.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:17 AM   #89
MegatronG1
The X-Men

P1 hasn't put Ken up for PO, long after Ryu and Akuma have been up. Personally, I don't like the vision that they chose. It's like they wanted to satisfy the "how do we make this a $1k statue" criteria first. Their Chun-li will probably be covered by a pile of debris and effects parts.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:21 AM   #90
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
P1 hasn't put Ken up for PO, long after Ryu and Akuma have been up. Personally, I don't like the vision that they chose. It's like they wanted to satisfy the "how do we make this a $1k statue" criteria first. Their Chun-li will probably be covered by a pile of debris and effects parts.
I like to think Prime 1 will nail the Chun-Li portrait and capture how she looks in the game.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote