Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-07-2022, 02:56 PM   #31
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
There has been speculation online that he could be Sauron in the guise of Annatar. The form he befriended the Elf craftsmen and encouraged them to forge the rings of power.
OK, thanks for that background, the suggestion makes more sense now.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #32
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Yeah, I'm just wondering why the meteor man is being thought of as possibly being Sauron in this discussion, it seems clear that he is not. Being a Maiar seems most plausible to me.
Any of the Ainur could take different shapes if they choose, so the biggest doubt in my mind about it being Sauron is why the meteor, because as you said, he was already here in another form.

Is the meteor just being sent to Arda for the first time, or is Sauron (or someone else) just using it as a means of travel, or possibly rebirth (in a new form)?

Galadriel couldn't find Sauron, so he may have reappeared this way.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 01:43 PM   #33
AC_808
Hercules

The stranger does have similarities to Gandalf. But its the wrong age for him to appear in. And it'll deviate from the Tolkien lore.

But I wonder ...if the show runners are trying to say this is how the Hardfoots eventually become Hobbits. Because some ...if not, all ...stop being migrators and settle in one spot. That would explain how Gandalf knew Bilbo's ancestors. Gandalf knew which family line Bilbo came from.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 04:22 PM   #34
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Episode 3, the opening shots of Numenor were amazing. Arondir pulls off some dope moves with a chain, and who is this Adar...the blurry shot appears to be a man or elf.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adar.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	153624  
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 08:42 PM   #35
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
The stranger does have similarities to Gandalf. But its the wrong age for him to appear in. And it'll deviate from the Tolkien lore.

But I wonder ...if the show runners are trying to say this is how the Hardfoots eventually become Hobbits. Because some ...if not, all ...stop being migrators and settle in one spot. That would explain how Gandalf knew Bilbo's ancestors. Gandalf knew which family line Bilbo came from.
And that's entirely possible. I'm not discounting it yet. They are obviously screwing up the timeline. At the very least, massively condensing it. What does their 'Second Age', last? 100 years? lol They're already introducing Elendil and Isildur...
Old 09-13-2022, 08:37 PM   #36
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Any of the Ainur could take different shapes if they choose, so the biggest doubt in my mind about it being Sauron is why the meteor, because as you said, he was already here in another form.

Is the meteor just being sent to Arda for the first time, or is Sauron (or someone else) just using it as a means of travel, or possibly rebirth (in a new form)?

Galadriel couldn't find Sauron, so he may have reappeared this way.
That's an interesting theory. I don't know enough about Sauron to think he could be reborn again.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 09:22 PM   #37
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
That's an interesting theory. I don't know enough about Sauron to think he could be reborn again.
I guess I didn't mean 'rebirth' exactly. Just changing form. Don't know how that's done. If it's just spontaneous, or requires further effort, hence my speculation on the meteor.

And no matter what Tolkien canon really says, this crew could change it to suit themselves, for all we know...
Old 09-13-2022, 09:47 PM   #38
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
I guess I didn't mean 'rebirth' exactly. Just changing form. Don't know how that's done. If it's just spontaneous, or requires further effort, hence my speculation on the meteor.

And no matter what Tolkien canon really says, this crew could change it to suit themselves, for all we know...
he does sort of get reborn, like the elves when they die.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:20 AM   #39
Augen
Metal Men

Really cool to see Numenor finally in live action. I loved the setting as see money on full display again.

While the Warg was wonky, man do those Orcs look good, with the skulls affixed tot heir heads and all. Great job by costume department.

Still in building phase so hard to judge overall right now where and how it goes.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 01:37 PM   #40
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
And that's entirely possible. I'm not discounting it yet. They are obviously screwing up the timeline. At the very least, massively condensing it. What does their 'Second Age', last? 100 years? lol They're already introducing Elendil and Isildur...
The second age is supposedly 3,500 years. So yea, they could be condensing the timeline. Not sure.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote