Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #1121
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I think some is good, but I don't like it more than I do. Sorry....
Come again?????
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #1122
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Didn't grow up watching He-Man, dao?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #1123
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Come again?????

Exactly what I was thinking.

derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #1124
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Skeletor needs to be in boots also like in the original cartoon.....not depicted with those ridiculous lizard clawed feet!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:03 AM   #1125
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Come again?????
I love motu! I just don't like the real people in costume look. I prefer a bit towards the cartoon
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #1126
furycat
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Wow that dude on the right looks like the Juggernaught :P
since SSC wont release juggy anytiime soon i think i will just get MOTU juggy version =p.

if i can remember i think tat "juggy" was my 1st toys.
furycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #1127
HITReza
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

THANK YOU FOR PRODUCING THE HE-MAN LINE !!!!
HITReza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #1128
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm still thinking making this 75% filmation will be a big mistake in the long run. Look at Thundercats? It needs to be based at 50% filmation at most if not less. How many people who grew up with He-man will actually buy this? IMO, its a very small market. To grow, you need to rejuvenate it. You take SSC recent Conan Dioramas and that's the look, IMO, He-man should be. I want to be able to put this next to any 1:4 statue and it looks like it goes together. Without this, people will mostly buy the main characters and not the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon XXX View Post
Would love some MotU based on the new comic book designs too

If PCS statues looked like this, it will be a hit instantly. The 80s look would be disasterous.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #1129
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I'm still thinking making this 75% filmation will be a big mistake in the long run. Look at Thundercats? It needs to be based at 50% filmation at most if not less. How many people who grew up with He-man will actually buy this? IMO, its a very small market. To grow, you need to rejuvenate it. You take SSC recent Conan Dioramas and that's the look, IMO, He-man should be. I want to be able to put this next to any 1:4 statue and it looks like it goes together. Without this, people will mostly buy the main characters and not the rest.

If PCS statues looked like this, it will be a hit instantly. The 80s look would be disasterous.

I think either way 50% or whatever percent filmation people will drop out after the main characters. Maybe and maybe not one things for sure is it will be a super hard market to keep this line going. I really like it and wish the best for it whatever percent they will be.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #1130
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post

I Agree Conan is very good example of the look he should be going for,IMHO if we don't see defined musculature it is going to keep out collectors like me. But then again I cant see how PCS cant not do defined muscles as that is their signature look and style.I personally am excited to see the result.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote