Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-03-2018, 03:15 AM   #1121
Vracula
Jedi Order

Meanwhile... at sideshowtoys HQ ,shoulders were shrugged ,“It’s gonna sell out anyways!” someone said.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:30 AM   #1122
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Meanwhile... at sideshowtoys HQ ,shoulders were shrugged ,“It’s gonna sell out anyways!” someone said.
With a low enough ES, just about anything can sell out. Keep in mind, the classic Bats PF sold out 9500 units. Doubt this new PF will be that popular or make sideshow as much money.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:19 PM   #1123
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

This piece costs 50% more than the first pf and I highly doubt production costs have gone up for them that much. They won't have to sell nearly as many to turn a profit. If anything I think they'll probably make more on this new one.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #1124
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
With a low enough ES, just about anything can sell out. Keep in mind, the classic Bats PF sold out 9500 units. Doubt this new PF will be that popular or make sideshow as much money.
Anything over 2000 es is good money I reckon and they will sell atleast that much if not more.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:52 PM   #1125
SONICobra
Batman

I think this will have a similar total es as the recent wolverine pf
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:10 PM   #1126
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I think this will have a similar total es as the recent wolverine pf
Yep, all 3 of these trinity pieces will have a big ES.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:10 PM   #1127
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
This piece costs 50% more than the first pf and I highly doubt production costs have gone up for them that much. They won't have to sell nearly as many to turn a profit. If anything I think they'll probably make more on this new one.
I think the price on the original would have been higher but they were making 10000 of them so it had a decent price.

This new one is probably gonna have less than half the ES of the original....but yeah prices going nuts but when XM and Prime 1 are charging so much Sideshow are still cheaper...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:29 PM   #1128
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
This statue is not $800. Sideshow grossed almost 4 million on the OG Bats PF. If you add in the modern variant of the OG PF sideshow grossed more than 4.6 million on the original Bats PF sculpt. No way this new PF will generate that kind of revenue for sideshow even with the $200 price increase. 11,500 units (OG + modern PFs) will not be topped by this piece. Not a chance that the new Bats PF is as popular as the comic accurate classic Bats.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #1129
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
This statue is not $800. Sideshow grossed almost 4 million on the OG Bats PF. If you add in the modern variant of the OG PF sideshow grossed more than 4.6 million on the original Bats PF sculpt. No way this new PF will generate that kind of revenue for sideshow even with the $200 price increase. 11,500 units (OG + modern PFs) will not be topped by this piece. Not a chance that the new Bats PF is as popular as the comic accurate classic Bats.
Agreed. The original was most likely the first licensed 1/4 Batman ever produced. This new one is the 156th LOL.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:12 PM   #1130
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Agreed. The original was most likely the first licensed 1/4 Batman ever produced. This new one is the 156th LOL.
Yeah, then there's that as well. I know DC direct made two 1/4 Bats statues but I can't remember if they were before or after the PF. Either way, this new PF is now one of many available.