Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #101
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
XM Prices have also increased over the last year, from (these are the prices I paid) an average of $750 shipped when XM first came out to a new standard of $1000+ shipped. Although I think part of that increase is the crazy environmental bases they make with their newer statues. I'm hoping their Star Wars bases are more simple to keep prices down...

GG is still reasonable with their 1/4 statues at around $350 if you shop around, the more detail Honey Trap line is $400-$500 depending on where you buy them..
I'm not seeing that built. Granted...the bigger characters are going to cost more because of size...but by and large their normal sized statues are relatively the same as when they started. Black Panther appears to be in the $800 SGD mark and that was the same as Magneto. Mysterio and others of that similar size are the same or are in the same ballpark.

The bottom line though is that prices are increasing for SS across the board....I made mention of that before a couple years ago...and I can tell you all the prices will not stop there. This is a mulitmillion dollar hobby we are in. As popularity and demand rise...so does cost. This same statue cost for the Stormtrooper will probably be around $549 this same time next year...unless some crazy unforseen production techniques occur that reduce prices overall.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:58 PM   #102
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I'm not seeing that built. Granted...the bigger characters are going to cost more because of size...but by and large their normal sized statues are relatively the same as when they started. Black Panther appears to be in the $800 SGD mark and that was the same as Magneto. Mysterio and others of that similar size are the same or are in the same ballpark.

Ms. Marvel was only $650 SGD, so they can sell them for much cheaper and make a profit... I understand statues like Ghost Rider are going to cost more due to their size and added stuff like the bike, but take Elektra for example she's $850 SGD and I don't see a big difference between her and Ms. Marvel.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #103
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Ms. Marvel was only $650 SGD, so they can sell them for much cheaper and make a profit... I understand statues like Ghost Rider are going to cost more due to their size and added stuff like the bike, but take Elektra for example she's $850 SGD and I don't see a big difference between her and Ms. Marvel.
Yes...but she's also the worst of all the XM releases. Elektra has a much better and more elaborate base with the engineering of the glass AND Elektra also has extra sets of arms and 2 heads.

For the record...those are the two least appealing XM statues IMO. Elektra has grown on me somewhat though I admit. Ms. Marvel IMO...is the weakest XM release so far...especially compared to the awesome Captain Marvel that SS is doing. I expect XM Warbird to be the creme de la creme of XM statues though!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #104
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Yes...but she's also the worst of all the XM releases. Elektra has a much better and more elaborate base with the engineering of the glass AND Elektra also has extra sets of arms and 2 heads.

For the record...those are the two least appealing XM statues IMO. Elektra has grown on me somewhat though I admit. Ms. Marvel IMO...is the weakest XM release so far...especially compared to the awesome Captain Marvel that SS is doing. I expect XM Warbird to be the creme de la creme of XM statues though!
But you see my point, regardless if you like the character or not, they can make these statues cheaper by not going all crazy on the bases..

Anyways just my opinion on the subject...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:25 AM   #105
A R E S
The Spirit

There are many manufactors for statues with little to no focus on bases, like Sideshow, Prime 1, Imaginarium Art, ARH, or Gentle Giant for example. But some people cannot stand that there is at least one who does elaborate bases. Not everyone likes there statues cheaper but with little to no base. If i spend so much money already, i want the whole thing, statue and elaborate base, even if it costs a little bit more.
A R E S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #106
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Here's an oldie but a goodie.
Here's a video review of my new Stormtrooper Premium Format Figure by Sideshow Collectibles. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNcjLw64ETE
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:24 PM   #107
FROBAY
Phoenix

Looks like these started shipping.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #108
Phart007
The X-Men

Received mine on Monday & I'm really impressed with it. Fully sculpted with no mixed media by the looks of it.
Is he worth $500 ? No it's not, but still a really nice addition to the Star Wars PF line though.

Phart007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #109
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks really nice. Would love to have it but not at that price unfortunately.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #110
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

looking nice. to bad its not fitting to the OT trooper...
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote