Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #21
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Warrior View Post
Great picture, your right about the bagginess of the clothes, though it does give him more bulk. My main point is to get SS to stock skimping on their sculpts. The fact that they short changed collectors with the Terminator PF was really upsetting. (for me the Arnold's likeness was horrible so I refused to purchase), when I found out that the form under the outfit was no where near Arnold's I have watched their other sculpts very closely. It is pretty simply to design a standard muscular male form that can be adapted to each clothed figure that meets it's requirements. When it comes to forms like Arnold's they should take the extra time and effort to match his form.
yeah i can understand where your coming from. but you have to admit. things have gotten better in certain aspects in design and quality (meaning likeness and details) compared from 10 years ago and from when they first started. im confident that things will only progress even better with each passing year. at least im hoping and

now, i would like to add that i would like to see the likenesses and proportions to be more film accurate on all pieces that are produced from a film. specially the SW ones.

Last edited by DynamicMenace; 07-05-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: wanted to add sometihng.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #22
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Looks good but after passing on the Storm Trooper I lost interest in this line. The only one I'd buy is a new Darth Vader.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #23
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Looks good but after passing on the Storm Trooper I lost interest in this line. The only one I'd buy is a new Darth Vader.
yeah i hear ya on the ST. i dont know what they couldn't at least get the helmet to be film accurate. to armor seemed to be ok for the most part. would have loved to have seen a film accurate ANH stunt helmet on the ST PF.
only way im buying the new Vader PF if its film accurate in design and proportions. hoping and praying its not another ANH DV fiasco.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #24
World Warrior
Death is hereditary.

Things are getting better, agreed whole heartedly, I simply want to know who is missing these small flaws? I simply would like to see SS give the collectors more bang for their buck, Gladiator Hulk was certainly a step in the right direction. Had hulk been slightly bigger and the base several inches shorter it would have been nearly ideal for the price. The real factor with that statue is the level of detail put into it.

Once SS fixes their pricing practices and their proportions, they would simply need to focus on QC and everything will fall into place.
World Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #25
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:

Once SS fixes their pricing practices and their proportions, they would simply need to focus on QC and everything will fall into place.
You make it sound so easy! And I too hope it does but they are long way off from being great in my book! In the last year or two things have gotten very sloppy Nd changing designs without informing customers is bad business practice and ethics!

If any business can succeed its sideshow but they better start proving themselves worthy or ill take my hard earned money and business somewhere else!

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #26
Juggernaut
The Falcon

I like it. I like this alot more than I thought I would.

I am not interested in the Excl. part.

I will be waiting for Snow Trooper statue when it's released and get this from some place in europe.

Edit.

This new Premium format is not as nice as I first thought it was.

I will not be buying.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #27
XMAN
Ultron

Nice....but a pass for me.....That's $380.00 I could use on something else.....also a little bit overprice imo.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #28
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
The only one I'd buy is a new Darth Vader.
You're not alone when it comes to picking up the New Vader.....However I did pick up two stormtroopers to display with it.....one on each side.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #29
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loops View Post
I like it, but not enough to pay $379.99 plus shipping.
I agree
Old 07-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #30
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:

Agreed. Is it me or does it look like the form under the uniform is anorexic? Look at the arm in the first photo it looks very thin and awkward. We know that SS likes to skimp on the bodies underneath the outfits and armor. Case in point Arnolds form underneath the Terminator PF(were not even sculpted) and the DUTCH PF(legs failed to match the bulk of the upper body).
I noticed that too. Perhaps they can feed him a biscuit between now and when the production pieces come out to give at least his arms more mass!

Other than that - this is a pretty sweet piece. I'm having difficulty pulling the trigger with the $380 price tag...
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote