Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-26-2016, 02:53 PM   #1161
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
If Es is going up I will cancel. Please confirm someone from ss. Thanks
Yep, it's going up to 10,000. Better call and cancel now.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #1162
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

SS says they will refund the money to your account. Did anybody get their refunds yet automatically Or do you have to call customer service to tell them to refund your account?
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:32 PM   #1163
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
1) They refund people's money because it's the law. According to the Federal Trade Commission's rule on mail/internet/phone order merchandise, a business has to refund your money if they charge you in full for a product, but can't/don't release it when promised, unless a customer consents to waiting. This is also the reason why they refund NRDs after delays if you ask them to.
They say they only do NRDs as a "one-time" courtesy, and that's not charging in full so does it still apply?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:36 PM   #1164
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
They say they only do NRDs as a "one-time" courtesy, and that's not charging in full so does it still apply?
The "one time courtesy" applies to cancelling an order and transferring the NRD to another order so that you don't lose it. Getting a refund on an NRD for a delay can be done any time a piece you have ordered is delayed more than 30 days.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:47 PM   #1165
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
The "one time courtesy" applies to cancelling an order and transferring the NRD to another order so that you don't lose it. Getting a refund on an NRD for a delay can be done any time a piece you have ordered is delayed more than 30 days.
When is a statue in this hobby NOT delayed for more than 30 days! haha.

Good to know, I don't really PO from SS anymore as they've consistently let me down but good to know for others. IIRC Jerry mentioned that he'll do refunds if he thinks it's delayed too much, like 6 month+. Though I would be afraid that if you played that card you would get all your PO's cancelled :P
Old 05-26-2016, 06:02 PM   #1166
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
When is a statue in this hobby NOT delayed for more than 30 days! haha.

Good to know, I don't really PO from SS anymore as they've consistently let me down but good to know for others. IIRC Jerry mentioned that he'll do refunds if he thinks it's delayed too much, like 6 month+. Though I would be afraid that if you played that card you would get all your PO's cancelled :P
Yeah, technically Jerry or any other company is required to refund buyers if pieces are delayed. I believe NRDs might be a bit of a grey area. And in cases where there's a pre-order and no specific date is given, the customer is entitled to a refund after 30 days, which is why any company that knows what its doing will set some kind of release window, even if it's wide.

Of course, the problem is getting companies to comply. Sideshow is good in that respect, as all you have to do is ask once the delay is posted.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:26 PM   #1167
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Yeah, technically Jerry or any other company is required to refund buyers if pieces are delayed. I believe NRDs might be a bit of a grey area. And in cases where there's a pre-order and no specific date is given, the customer is entitled to a refund after 30 days, which is why any company that knows what its doing will set some kind of release window, even if it's wide.

Of course, the problem is getting companies to comply. Sideshow is good in that respect, as all you have to do is ask once the delay is posted.
Neat, though I dunno bout SS. They really made it sound like they would only transfer it the one time when I asked. And when I cancelled another PO I lost my NRD (I did not ask for it back though as I figured I wouldn't get it back). Still interesting to no, I'm not in the habit of canceling though, but thanks for the info!
Old 05-27-2016, 03:50 AM   #1168
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I wonder how bad the Darkseids must've been for SS to recall them? Considering some of the issues they've let slide.

Oh I'll try and be nice. Good job, SS, for stepping up and doing the right thing.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:57 AM   #1169
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I've never lost an NRD with Sideshow. Maybe it has to do with how much you order, or have ordered in the past, but I've never had a problem. It certainly doesn't ever hurt to ask.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #1170
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
If Es is going up I will cancel. Please confirm someone from ss. Thanks
At first I was going to ask what logic there is to this way of thinking... but then I saw it was you who posted it. And I dare not question the tribal elder CBG.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote