Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-25-2016, 06:39 PM   #21
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Holy why did I buy the hot toys Batman! Naaaa I love those figs, thes are amazing though
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:51 PM   #22
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Holy why did I buy the hot toys Batman! Naaaa I love those figs, thes are amazing though
Why? Because Tweeterhead hadn't previewed theirs yet and let's face it, I have never been confident of the Adam West popularity in the 45 and younger set. I thought Hot Toys was going to be my only chance of a decent Adam West figure. Well surprise, now I can have 1 in 3 formats! 1/6 figure, 1/6 statue, and a PF. I could also go get a Funko Pop 66 Batman, but I think that's a little over the top wouldn't you agree?
Old 03-25-2016, 08:01 PM   #23
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Why? Because Tweeterhead hadn't previewed theirs yet and let's face it, I have never been confident of the Adam West popularity in the 45 and younger set. I thought Hot Toys was going to be my only chance of a decent Adam West figure. Well surprise, now I can have 1 in 3 formats! 1/6 figure, 1/6 statue, and a PF. I could also go get a Funko Pop 66 Batman, but I think that's a little over the top wouldn't you agree?
*puts fan girl hat on*
If you're a 1960s Batman TV series, having a collection of all different formats looks pretty nice (I have the Hot Toys, Tweeterhead, Funko and Mattel items mixed altogether and quite like the look of them all on display). I can't wait to have the two new PFs in the future!
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:03 PM   #24
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
*puts fan girl hat on*
If you're a 1960s Batman TV series, having a collection of all different formats looks pretty nice (I have the Hot Toys, Tweeterhead, Funko and Mattel items mixed altogether and quite like the look of them all on display). I can't wait to have the two new PFs in the future!
Got the Mattel too. These will be cool. Although I can't seem them doing more than a few of these.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:22 PM   #25
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Got the Mattel too. These will be cool. Although I can't seem them doing more than a few of these.
For now Batman and Catwoman are the only planned ones. If they do well in sales then other characters will be on the table. I keep petitioning for a Batgirl at meetings.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:04 PM   #26
COI

Quote:
I have never been confident of the Adam West popularity in the 45 and younger set.
They re-ran this show a lot when I was growing up in the '80s, so the nostalgia is there even though I'm a lot younger. Also, as a Batman fan in general, the 1966 show was very important to the character's history.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:13 PM   #27
Oxymoron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Not too long ago, I made a custom suit for my 1/4 Neca Batman and I was pretty happy with it. I also own the HT and the TH version.

Now I will try to sell them all for this PF
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:23 PM   #28
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I agree. Tweeterhead will do all of them and they're barely even recognized at 1/6. There's too many young dudes in the hobby who just look the other way because to them, '66 Batman isn't cool enough. Most are just interested in T&A, but it's still great that Sideshow is recognizing classic Batman.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:47 PM   #29
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
For now Batman and Catwoman are the only planned ones. If they do well in sales then other characters will be on the table. I keep petitioning for a Batgirl at meetings.
An Yvonne Craig batgirl would be amazing in this scale.
I don't see how this line will not do well.....please keep insisting
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:10 PM   #30
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I love this pose! POW!
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote