Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-24-2017, 01:36 AM   #71
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Perez is one of my all time favorite artists. In his prime his work just was unmatched! I loved him on FF and Avengers. Crisis on Infinite Earths was a masterpiece! As was the JLA/Avengers crossover. And his art on New Teen Titans, especially the Judas Contract arc, was spectacular. But stunning art cannot save a poor story or poor writing. As beautiful as the art may be, if the writing is poor then it's just a non-starter for me. Sad that this was the case with New Teen Titans.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:18 PM   #72
Penoy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
But stunning art cannot save a poor story or poor writing.
with a few (personal) exceptions, i agree.
Penoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #73
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Pre-ordered my copy of Batman Knightfall omnibus. This will be my 2nd DC omnibus (first being Planetary which counts?).

I don't really have a lot of interest in many DC titles, but this one was pivotal to my younger days. I even remember they released this story in novel form and I read it 3x over.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:16 PM   #74
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Pre-ordered my copy of Batman Knightfall omnibus. This will be my 2nd DC omnibus (first being Planetary which counts?).

I don't really have a lot of interest in many DC titles, but this one was pivotal to my younger days. I even remember they released this story in novel form and I read it 3x over.
I was going to order the omni vol 1 but passed on it and chose to order the 3 tpb volumes instead. That first omni for knightfall only contains the story in the first volume of the tpb plus a few added issues. I just can't see the value in that $75CDN omni when you can get the tpb for $25 which covers everything you need in the beginning of the story
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:37 PM   #75
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I was going to order the omni vol 1 but passed on it and chose to order the 3 tpb volumes instead. That first omni for knightfall only contains the story in the first volume of the tpb plus a few added issues. I just can't see the value in that $75CDN omni when you can get the tpb for $25 which covers everything you need in the beginning of the story
Personal preference. I've sworn off all TPB. I treat them with disrespect in my house. They get all beaten up and I look at them with disgust on my shelf.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #76
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Personal preference. I've sworn off all TPB. I treat them with disrespect in my house. They get all beaten up and I look at them with disgust on my shelf.
fair enough. I'll look at tpb with disgust as long as they're saving me money
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #77
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

There are some awesome series which only get TPB treatmant like Sandman Mystery Theather and Flash by Mark Waid etc. If you pass on the TPB entirely, you are totally missing out.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #78
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
There are some awesome series which only get TPB treatmant like Sandman Mystery Theather and Flash by Mark Waid etc. If you pass on the TPB entirely, you are totally missing out.
I'm sure I am but I have plenty to keep me occupied anyways. My backlog of omnibuses is up to 11 now on the shelf, it takes me anywhere from 2-5 weeks to read one and I have 2 pre-orders coming out in April. Even if I didn't buy anymore this year I'd be covered. But of course there are another 5 or 6 on my to buy list.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #79
MrJones

Hey guys, as mentioned I pre-ordered the Batman Knightfall Omnibus which comes out next month. I'm starting to hesitate and am considering cancelling it. I remember loving the storyline as a kid, one of my favs in fact, but I'm having doubts it will stand up. Did any of you read the TPB recently? Any impressions?
Old 03-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #80
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
They deserve the same respect as comics.