^^ I don't even know who Mary Winstead is...nor do I feel like looking it up
Ramona in Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:15 AM   #42
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I won't be taking a look either. I am no prude and I love the dames probably more than I should. Trust me there is PLENTY of commercially created adult entertainment out there to consume.

The thing is in this case there was no lapse in judgment wherein someone shared photographs with someone they no longer have a relationship with or conducted themselves in a manner that opened them up for exposure in a public venue. In this case all these people had their privacy compromised by a "criminal act". Whether or not you agree with some of the exhibitionist behaviors being displayed the fact is that these gals did what they reasonably could to contain and control the materials as lay users and a criminal circumvented the protections in place. Really it is akin to stealing physical photographs during a break and enter 15 years ago.

Some of the messages in that Spideristic shared from folks on twitter towards these women are disgusting. I agree with his condemnation of the misogynistic rapist mindset that some use to condone and encourage what has happened.

Like I said plenty of poon and other such materials out there that the folks involved in did so knowingly and were compensated for the same. No need for me to creep on these unwilling victims.
Well said Matches Malone .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
That said (and I'm not judging anyone), but I won't be looking for one simple reason. Whilst they may be celebrities, they are still someone's sister, mother, daughter, niece etc and I would be horrified if this happened to a family member of mine.
Yep, also it's the decent and right thing to do.

Looking at nude celebrities is fine and acceptable when they have consented to it.

Couple of other tweets I came across.

fmanjoo: I’ve never heard anyone respond to financial hacking by saying, Just don’t use online banking. That’s what you get for using credit cards.

jwPencilAndPad: "Leaked." "Leaked" photos. Like that time someone leaked into my house and then leaked my safe full of money out to their car.

timothy_phan: this basically sums up my feelings about feminism, data, and privacy. Sad day for the Internet.

Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:45 AM   #43
El Pulento
The InJustice League

As soon as you take a picture digitaly or let someone take a picture of you, there is this risk. Looked at the pics and was kind of meh... With one finds in the internet now a days the news factor of this Will pass in a jiffy, not even sure there were "news" to begin with. At least I hope this help people to understand and be more careful when taking private pics.
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #44
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
As soon as you take a picture digitaly or let someone take a picture of you, there is this risk. Looked at the pics and was kind of meh... With one finds in the internet now a days the news factor of this Will pass in a jiffy, not even sure there were "news" to begin with. At least I hope this help people to understand and be more careful when taking private pics.
Doubt it... There were many actresses before this that had their pictures/videos stolen or hacked (Pamela Anderson, Kendra Wilkinson, Paris Hilton, Kim K., lots of miss Americas, etc.... and yet this new group of actresses/singers/models have done the same thing, even with all the past warnings

I've never taken nude pictures or videos of my GF's... The only reason you would is so you could show your friends later after you break up or some would be dumb enough to show them while still dating which would probably lead to a breakup...

Anyways if you take nude videos or pictures of yourself your just playing with fire and sooner or later your going to get burned.... that's just pretty much common sense.

That said the guy who stole all these deserves to be thrown in jail for a long time... A crime is a crime...

If you want to find a silver lining in all this, odds are all these actresses who said they would never do nude scenes in movies might change their mind now that everyone has seen them naked.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #45
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I suppose celebrities (of all people) really should know better. Doesn't justify the images being stolen and made public, but anyone with a public profile is much more likely to be a target of hackers etc.

That said (and I'm not judging anyone), but I won't be looking for one simple reason. Whilst they may be celebrities, they are still someone's sister, mother, daughter, niece etc and I would be horrified if this happened to a family member of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I won't be taking a look either. I am no prude and I love the dames probably more than I should. Trust me there is PLENTY of commercially created adult entertainment out there to consume.

The thing is in this case there was no lapse in judgment wherein someone shared photographs with someone they no longer have a relationship with or conducted themselves in a manner that opened them up for exposure in a public venue. In this case all these people had their privacy compromised by a "criminal act". Whether or not you agree with some of the exhibitionist behaviors being displayed the fact is that these gals did what they reasonably could to contain and control the materials as lay users and a criminal circumvented the protections in place. Really it is akin to stealing physical photographs during a break and enter 15 years ago.

Some of the messages in that Spideristic shared from folks on twitter towards these women are disgusting. I agree with his condemnation of the misogynistic rapist mindset that some use to condone and encourage what has happened.

Like I said plenty of poon and other such materials out there that the folks involved in did so knowingly and were compensated for the same. No need for me to creep on these unwilling victims.

Wow. You guys are better men than me that's for sure. I'll make sure I look at Kate Uptons pics 2 more times for you guys.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #46
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Wow. You guys are better men than me that's for sure. I'll make sure I look at Kate Uptons pics 2 more times for you guys.
From what I've heard from friends is that most of the pictures & vids are fakes.... For example only about 6 pictures of Kate Upton are real, the sexual pictures are fakes. Girls like Upton have certain body marks on them such as dark spots or small moles, the really sexual pictures are missing those body marks so it's pretty evident most are fakes.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #47
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
From what I've heard from friends is that most of the pictures & vids are fakes.... For example only about 6 pictures of Kate Upton are real, the sexual pictures are fakes. Girls like Upton have certain body marks on them such as dark spots or small moles, the really sexual pictures are missing those body marks so it's pretty evident most are fakes.
What!?!?! There are videos too!?!?
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #48
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
From what I've heard from friends ...
uh huh...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #49
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Doubt it... There were many actresses before this that had their pictures/videos stolen or hacked (Pamela Anderson, Kendra Wilkinson, Paris Hilton, Kim K., lots of miss Americas, etc.... and yet this new group of actresses/singers/models have done the same thing, even with all the past warnings

I've never taken nude pictures or videos of my GF's... The only reason you would is so you could show your friends later after you break up or some would be dumb enough to show them while still dating which would probably lead to a breakup...

Anyways if you take nude videos or pictures of yourself your just playing with fire and sooner or later your going to get burned.... that's just pretty much common sense.

That said the guy who stole all these deserves to be thrown in jail for a long time... A crime is a crime...

If you want to find a silver lining in all this, odds are all these actresses who said they would never do nude scenes in movies might change their mind now that everyone has seen them naked.
I agree.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #50
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Yeah I know. I saw the real ones. The fake ones are obvious.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote