Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 01-06-2017, 03:36 PM   #281
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Interesting, do you think that Mass Effect is a smaller license (in terms of market interest) than The Witcher? I would imagine The Witcher to be a much more niche interest.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #282
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Interesting, do you think that Mass Effect is a smaller license (in terms of market interest) than The Witcher? I would imagine The Witcher to be a much more niche interest.....
Not in Poland it isn't. The Witcher started out as some very well written novels. There's even a Witcher school in Poland. It's their pop culture icon.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #283
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I'm not sure if these are the best examples as there are often problems with sites and software and while most of the time they get fixed they often don't as well. And especially with sites, customers are definitely stuck with the responsibility in the end :P
It's a perfect example. Just what do you think customers do when they are repeatedly given junk software? What do you think prospective clients do when faced with a junk website?

It's simply bad for business.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #284
Colt
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBF View Post
This is my own personal Garrus (actually, the replacement Garrus body I got was sloppy paint, so this is the better of the two). Notice they pretty much gave up giving the armor the damage the prototype has, which was already void of much of the detail from the game:

I don't know, it looks like they didn't even do the armor damage on yours, or they forgot, sheesh.
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #285
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Well first Mass Effect isn't recent, that always hurts. And yeah in terms of sales W3 beats out any of the ME games. By a pretty big margin iirc. Witcher was definitely niche, 2 they stepped up the marketing a lot. 3 was massive, like more than all the ME games combined massive ;p
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #286
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
And yeah in terms of sales W3 beats out any of the ME games. By a pretty big margin iirc.
Not really a big margin. I can only go by VGChartz and publicly released numbers but its not the sales gap your making it out to be.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #287
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBF View Post
Not really a big margin. I can only go by VGChartz and publicly released numbers but its not the sales gap your making it out to be.
Publicly released numbers for W3 was that they shipped 10m (shipped doesn't mean sold, but it's generally pretty close otherwise it's wasted money, they stopped reporting on it pmuch though and a lot of people have picked it up since no doubt). ME is reported to about 10m total for all 3 games. W1 and W2 are another 10m or so bringing sales for Witcher to double.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #288
JPBF

Quote:
ME is reported to about 10m total for all 3 games. W1 and W2 are another 10m or so bringing sales for Witcher to double.
As of 2014, the series had sold more than 14 million (as per The Motley Fool) and has likely sold more since then. I won't say anymore, since its getting way off topic but Mass Effect has quite a fanbase.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:07 PM   #289
dao2
Cyclops

Even if so, you can see Witcher is not Niche, at the very very least it matches and it's far newer. Andromeda may change things of course, but it's not the team we know, love, and want :P
Old 01-07-2017, 11:34 PM   #290
JPBF

^Andromeda should be Mass Effect's breakout but I think EA is about to blow this opportunity like they did with Titanfall 2. I hope for the best but fear the worst.