Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 01-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Prince Lestat

I heard that this is the last installment of The Vampire Chronicles books of Anne Rice. Is there anyone who read it ? Is it good ? I just recently found out that it's the 11th book of the series... I was like wow... Has it been 11 books... ? just wow... I just read Interview with The Vampire and Vampire Lestat like 10 years ago... And now Prince Lestat took my interest, i haven't read it all but i will read what's before , if i like Prince Lestat, i believe.

I heard that there will be a musical about Lestat and musics of it will be done by Elton John. I wish i had a chance to go and see it... :/ I hope a blue ray will be made for it or something in the future.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:13 PM   #2
dechirico7
The Flash

I didn't know she was still doing the series. I really like the vampire and witch series by her. I will have to look for what books I am missing.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Really? Wow. Interview With The Vampire was groundbreaking when it came out in the late 1980s, I believe. I remember really being moved by it. Then, when The Vampire Lestat came out, followed by Queen Of The Damned it all started feeling a little too productionalized. I had no idea she was still pumping these out but I was done after Queen Of The Damned.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #4
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Likewise, I didn't know new titles were still being published. I think I read the first five of The Vampire Chronicles, the last being Memnoch The Devil. I remember liking The Tale of the Body Thief a lot where Lestat becomes human again for a large part of the novel.

Of the Mayfair Witches, I read the first two books, The Witching Hour and Lasher.

I enjoyed them all to some degree at the time I read them back in the 90s. I'd like to see them tastefully reinterpreted as a premium channel TV series.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #5
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Holy crap, I didn't even know she was still writing these. I think my last one read was Blood & Gold (great book).

Funny, LeStat was one of Vampires I cared least about....I might go back and figure out which books I missed in this series.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:55 AM   #6
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

There is even a 12th book called ''Prince Lestat and Atlantis'' (may be it's an Aquaman and Lestat team up ), i just saw it while i was trying to decide, if i should rebuy ''Interview with The Vampire'' book cause i can't find my copy.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #7
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I'd like to see them tastefully reinterpreted as a premium channel TV series.
This apparently is indeed happening now: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...t-hulu-1127585
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #8
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Likewise, I didn't know new titles were still being published. I think I read the first five of The Vampire Chronicles, the last being Memnoch The Devil. I remember liking The Tale of the Body Thief a lot where Lestat becomes human again for a large part of the novel.

Of the Mayfair Witches, I read the first two books, The Witching Hour and Lasher.

I enjoyed them all to some degree at the time I read them back in the 90s. I'd like to see them tastefully reinterpreted as a premium channel TV series.
I remember liking Tale of the Body Thief, as well. Interesting premise, like when a superhero loses his superpowers. As a one-off book it was pretty good. But, still, this series lost its juice for me after Queen of the Damned.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:25 PM   #9
dechirico7
The Flash

I love her books, but I think the witch series was the best.
It actually gave me nightmares.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote