Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 09-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Welcome

Hey gang! I've been thinking about getting a new section going for a while now. D Rod has been kind enough to give it the OK so welcome to our newest section: Books & Literature. The timing's just right too as I've noticed recent threads about the very subject. I don't know if there's any greater pleasure then to be able to sit down and spend time with a great book. If you're like me chances are you do not read as much now as you used to back in the day. Over the years there has been an explosion in things we have to do and ways to spend our leisure time. For me the time has come from the time I used to spend reading. But lately I've found myself reading more and more and that's a good thing. Hopefully this forum will be the place where you can come to discuss the books that you've been reading. More importantly, I hope it becomes the place where you hear about that next great book you've been looking for. It's always great when I get a recommendation, pick up a book that I know nothing about, and it turns out to be a great read.

I've got a couple of ideas for stuff we can do with this forum but we'll give it some time and see how it goes around here first. If you're looking for Comics and Graphic Novels this isn't the place, they've got their own section. If you want to discuss a particular book please do feel free to start up a new thread. If you want to let us know what you're reading and have a book that the rest of us just have to read then come on post it in one of the general threads that will be popping up.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote