Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-18-2022, 08:55 PM   #81
greenknight
The Spirit

My P1 from Spec Fiction arrived last week. Could not for the life of me get her fully seated into the base's keyhole nor get the tab on her upper leg aligned to the slot in the column of mist that supports it. Quite a wide gap there. Seems like it's just not drilled correctly. After sending Todd pictures and video, he emailed today to say he will replace the statue with the next batch he gets in. He has to send me a return label yet for this first one. It appears to be a very good looking statue but if you can't display it, what's the point? I hope mine was just a fluke and the next one fits together properly.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 01:27 AM   #82
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
My P1 from Spec Fiction arrived last week. Could not for the life of me get her fully seated into the base's keyhole nor get the tab on her upper leg aligned to the slot in the column of mist that supports it. Quite a wide gap there. Seems like it's just not drilled correctly. After sending Todd pictures and video, he emailed today to say he will replace the statue with the next batch he gets in. He has to send me a return label yet for this first one. It appears to be a very good looking statue but if you can't display it, what's the point? I hope mine was just a fluke and the next one fits together properly.
ah good to hear that you will get replacement. hopefully the replacement doesn't have any issue. I guess my P1 is in the next batch than.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:55 AM   #83
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
ah good to hear that you will get replacement. hopefully the replacement doesn't have any issue. I guess my P1 is in the next batch than.
Did you have any assembly problems with your P2? Or any problems in general?
Old 11-19-2022, 11:03 PM   #84
Breakspear
Fantastic Four

If you're in the Spec Fiction FB Group, a member posted some pictures of the P1 version.

It looks really good and they said "relieved to see in-hand how she's properly supported at 2 points".

I think I'm also in the next batch, can't wait to get it in.
Breakspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 12:14 AM   #85
ivory7777

Quote:
Did you have any assembly problems with your P2? Or any problems in general?
No issue but i have to say that she is standing on a straw, a small pressure can make her collapse. the support pillar they have added is just barely enough to hold her. That support pillar btw doesn't look like has any magnet (or very weak one) and barely attached to the base. when i tilt the statue, it just fell off. the Base along with the statue is not balanced. The back side of the base where she is standing is very heavy while the front side is light so little push can tilt the whole statue. also those little tower beneath her are fragile, i almost broke one as i was attaching her to the base. I mean i really like the statue, Morrigan herself and the base but the way they designed to assemble as well as very weak support for her to lean, is done poorly. not sure what they were thinking.

On the side note, her face look really pretty but at the same time very expressionless or boring. That is just my opinion, other may disagree. Also what is this scratch loto. thing they added (check the second to last picture)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	155738   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	155739   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	155740   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	155741   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	155743  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221119_205314.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	155747  
Old 11-20-2022, 12:38 AM   #86
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

This one looks like a dud in general. I can't believe how poorly they handled the engineering. Surely they knew this would be a problem while they were finalizing these in the factory.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 12:55 AM   #87
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
This one looks like a dud in general. I can't believe how poorly they handled the engineering. Surely they knew this would be a problem while they were finalizing these in the factory.
I think to properly able to display her for long term, one has to spend extra to alter the base for her support. Her entire body is pretty much held by a thin pillar which is barely attached to the base.
Old 11-20-2022, 12:58 AM   #88
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

It is sad that we still have these issues even in 2022 for figures. I will be cautious to buy anything from them in the future. Luckily their Chun Li wasn't appealing to me at all
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 02:29 AM   #89
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
No issue but i have to say that she is standing on a straw, a small pressure can make her collapse. the support pillar they have added is just barely enough to hold her. That support pillar btw doesn't look like has any magnet (or very weak one) and barely attached to the base. when i tilt the statue, it just fell off. the Base along with the statue is not balanced. The back side of the base where she is standing is very heavy while the front side is light so little push can tilt the whole statue. also those little tower beneath her are fragile, i almost broke one as i was attaching her to the base. I mean i really like the statue, Morrigan herself and the base but the way they designed to assemble as well as very weak support for her to lean, is done poorly. not sure what they were thinking.

On the side note, her face look really pretty but at the same time very expressionless or boring. That is just my opinion, other may disagree. Also what is this scratch loto. thing they added (check the second to last picture)
I found this TriEagles assembly video on YouTube. Makes it look like everything is supposed to slide in nice and flush. Seems very easy and stable but in real world practice this may not be the case (certainly wasn't with my first one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuYTDUy61Vk

I was wondering about that scratch off card too. Luckily I didn't scratch it off right away as I assume they'll want mine back too. If anyone has scratched it off, please let us know what it's for.
Old 11-20-2022, 03:08 AM   #90
ivory7777

Quote:
I found this TriEagles assembly video on YouTube. Makes it look like everything is supposed to slide in nice and flush. Seems very easy and stable but in real world practice this may not be the case (certainly wasn't with my first one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuYTDUy61Vk

I was wondering about that scratch off card too. Luckily I didn't scratch it off right away as I assume they'll want mine back too. If anyone has scratched it off, please let us know what it's for.
These official unboxing and assembling videos are heavily edited where they will show how easy it is. I fell for these videos before but in real some of the statue are pain in the butt and can take hours to assemble.