Seeing this at 1pm. Going for some tasty popcorn, hoping for a 5/10 showing
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 10:15 AM   #142
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
The Ragnarok movie?s themes of family and loss kept it from being a full scale train wreck for me. Overall, it was a bad, but not horrendous, film. I?m with you on IM3 and Eternals, both horrendously bad. I?m in the minority on GOTG and GOTG2, both of which I also couldn?t stand.

If Love and Thunder scrapes the bottom for me, along along with IM3, Eternals and the two GOTG movie, I may walk out before it ends.
Preach it, my fellow B.O.T.H. 😉
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 04:11 PM   #143
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Bale saved the film. For those who said he brought his A game,. I agree. He didn’t miss a beat despite this being a MCU popcorn flick. Two points added for him AND the fact the fight scenes were handled like they meant something.

6/10

I HATE the Korg and the movie version of Valkyrie.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:32 PM   #144
SONICobra
Batman

Bale was really good. I thought the way they set up his origin was a rushed mess though. Here’s this guy traveling through a desert and happens upon an oasis where the god he worships happens to be just chilling and the necro sword conveniently available. Ugh I dislike this movie so much…
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 07:49 PM   #145
Demona
Martian Manhunter

There was a lot of questionable editing, story pacing, and other stuff. I just took it all with my low expectations of the film as a whole.

I didn’t like Thors suit either. I know they were making it different from Jane’s, but it had too much electric blue. I like Jane’s look and I appreciated some of the imagery taken from comic pages.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:00 AM   #146
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Wow, I thought this was horrendous. I was looking at my watch 30 minutes in! It felt like a spoof on comic book movies more than anything else, like a "Not Another Teen Movie" type comedy movie with really weak humor (Portman is not funny AT ALL!). Even Thor's costume looked cheap. Every scene with Hemsworth and Portman alone is brutal!

Ragnarok had Hulk, Hela and Goldblum...it destroys this movie IMO. I think Captain Marvel is better than this, I can't imagine ever watching another second of this movie and I loved Ragnarok. I don't hate the director, but I wouldn't see another one of his movies in theaters again after this.

I'd give Dr. Strange 2 a 7.5/10 and I'd give this a 3/10. I usually love movies after reading bad reviews but this was worse than I could have imagined! "Hey Thor, don't die." W T F
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 12:02 AM   #147
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah its defnitely bottom three, worse than ragnarok and floating around IM3 territory. i couldnt finish eternals so i guess i would put that at the bottom
Man, Eternals was rough for me too but I think even Venom 2 was better than this. This might honestly be my least favorite comic movie ever next to like the recent Fantastic Four movie. They should retire Hemsworth as Thor after this movie.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:06 AM   #148
Mepaphoros

Even the after credits scene was terrible!!
Old 07-26-2022, 10:09 PM   #149
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
Preach it, my fellow B.O.T.H. 😉
Dana! So good to see you here again!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:32 PM   #150
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Dana! So good to see you here again!
Thanks good sir!

Hope all is well.

"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote