Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-27-2017, 01:25 PM   #971
Parallax
Nightwing

Prime 1's TDKR is nowhere near as detailed as Swamp Thing.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:33 PM   #972
MPCanes
The X-Men

I think a frustrating point has been SS ignoring the "Ask Sideshow" section for the last few days (and yes, I know they post in batches there) while they (Alex) have posted in other threads - don't just answer softball questions, take on some hard ones. It can take an eternity to build a reputation, but if they continue to cut corners, they'll die a far quicker death than they realize.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #973
Y3E
Gen 13

Looking at the pictures on the SS website, there is no way in hell polystone would capture the fine details of this statue. I am not a big enough fan of ST to buy this, but I may have if I was, vinyl or not.

This thing is 24" tall, with a very small base so comparing it with other statues that are the same height but when the base makes up 1/3 of the height it's not a fair comparison. Neither is comparing this to Bane which has no where near the detail.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:39 PM   #974
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Prime 1's TDKR is nowhere near as detailed as Swamp Thing.
Someone please post a close up pic of his old man abs and another random of a wound.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #975
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Oh Sideshow how you make me laugh.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #976
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I've talked to Susan, shes actually super nice.
She is probably a sweetheart but it's not like you know her from outside her career. It's not that they are mean spirited people- it's just that the livestreams aren't random fans making a video. They are paid "professionals" that have this "look at how amazing all our products are" attitude. Like some ex GF half drunk on wine- Everything is great to them. It's like going to a car dealer. All friends until you say"I think I'll pass", then the eyes change and they put the smile on the next Customer.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #977
Sandman585
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Looking at the pictures on the SS website, there is no way in hell polystone would capture the fine details of this statue. I am not a big enough fan of ST to buy this, but I may have if I was, vinyl or not.

This thing is 24" tall, with a very small base so comparing it with other statues that are the same height but when the base makes up 1/3 of the height it's not a fair comparison. Neither is comparing this to Bane which has no where near the detail.
I think that it is hard to say Polystone couldn't capture detail when the prototype is likely polystone
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #978
Sandman585
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Someone please post a close up pic of his old man abs and another random of a wound.
You're lucky I'm off today and just sitting on my computer LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3637.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	379.8 KB
ID:	109041  
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #979
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
She is probably a sweetheart but it's not like you know her from outside her career. It's not that they are mean spirited people- it's just that the livestreams aren't random fans making a video. They are paid "professionals" that have this "look at how amazing all our products are" attitude. Like some ex GF half drunk on wine- Everything is great to them. It's like going to a car dealer. All friends until you say"I think I'll pass", then the eyes change and they put the smile on the next Customer.
Her job is promotion. Of course she says how amazing the products are. She'd be fired if she didn't. That doesn't make her douchy, it means she knows her job role. Thats like saying microsoft spokespersons are douches for doing their job.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #980
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
I think that it is hard to say Polystone couldn't capture detail when the prototype is likely polystone
Apparently, the proto was sculpted with this...

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote