Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-11-2017, 11:28 PM   #181
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Bc "exclusive" is not a hidden meaning word. Notice that the other two items that are previewed are not "exclusive".
Agreed. And Luke was already confirmed to be an XM Exclusive, so it is probably accurate. However, while Luke is an "XM Exclusive" he is not a "convention exclusive". This is what XM put on facebook.

"Luke in Rebel Pilot Suit will be a Star Wars XM exclusive (Only available via XM direct online, retail and events)"

So that means he will be easier to obtain than a con exclusive at least. In regards to Phoenix we don't know the status of her exclusivity yet, but I think it's safe to assume that she is either an XM Exclusive or a con exclusive. XM exclusives will probably have a larger allocation on the website than a con exclusive. Or if you have a regular contact, they should probably still be able to get you one by pre-ordering at the XM retail store for you. But you would have to pay a bit over retail to cover their fee. A con exclusive is harder to obtain obviously. We'll have to wait for more info.

XM Star Wars hasn't been all that popular so far, so I think anyone wanting a Luke will get one. Phoenix on the other hand will probably depend on the ES. If it's 999 it will be easier to get one at a reasonable price. If it's lower that will make things harder.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:46 AM   #182
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Agreed. And Luke was already confirmed to be an XM Exclusive, so it is probably accurate. However, while Luke is an "XM Exclusive" he is not a "convention exclusive". This is what XM put on facebook.

"Luke in Rebel Pilot Suit will be a Star Wars XM exclusive (Only available via XM direct online, retail and events)"

So that means he will be easier to obtain than a con exclusive at least. In regards to Phoenix we don't know the status of her exclusivity yet, but I think it's safe to assume that she is either an XM Exclusive or a con exclusive. XM exclusives will probably have a larger allocation on the website than a con exclusive. Or if you have a regular contact, they should probably still be able to get you one by pre-ordering at the XM retail store for you. But you would have to pay a bit over retail to cover their fee. A con exclusive is harder to obtain obviously. We'll have to wait for more info.

XM Star Wars hasn't been all that popular so far, so I think anyone wanting a Luke will get one. Phoenix on the other hand will probably depend on the ES. If it's 999 it will be easier to get one at a reasonable price. If it's lower that will make things harder.
IMO Boba Fett, Vader trilogy and now Luke are all a miss. I love XM pieces but these have not resonated with me personally.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:21 AM   #183
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I like it.
I love that they gave her a narrow base, but it is a tad busy.
And does anyone else think her thighs are a bit too big for the rest of her?
She starts out thin through the upper torso and then gets really thick around her lower stomach through her thighs.
Right now ..with the pics we have seen ...I say yes, her thighs does look a bit too big.

I need to see more pics of her. Better pics and higher def pics of her would be nice to make sure.

Sucks tho, that she is a con exclusive.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #184
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

if the Dark Phoenix will be a XM Exclusive, would that mean she is also available through the official XM site from europe? the one who brings them to europe shops?
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #185
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
if the Dark Phoenix will be a XM Exclusive, would that mean she is also available through the official XM site from europe? the one who brings them to europe shops?
I'm not certain, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the European distributor is not actually part of XM, they just distribute their products to Europe. So I think it would be only available from the main XM website, retail store, and conventions.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #186
Silverine

Quote:
I'm not certain, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the European distributor is not actually part of XM, they just distribute their products to Europe. So I think it would be only available from the main XM website, retail store, and conventions.
Bummer, well no Dark Phoenix for me then, not gonna pay the crazy Ebay prices when this hits ebay
Old 08-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #187
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm not sure about the Europe dealers. Being in Europe, can't you order directly from XM's official site?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #188
Silverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm not sure about the Europe dealers. Being in Europe, can't you order directly from XM's official site?
Dont think so
I really hope she is not a Con EX or a XM EX, but thats just wishfull thinking
Old 08-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #189
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Can't wait to see more of her!
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:02 AM   #190
cannonlocke
A day without sunshine is like... night.

IMHO XM pieces are already hard to get as it is. Having another exclusive will only benefit flippers and not real collectors. If the intent is to get these pieces to as many collectors as possible, then why not go the SS route and offer additional switch outs as Ex and make the regular version available from regular channels?
cannonlocke is offline   Reply With Quote