Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #2551
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark69 View Post
um..WTF is wrong with her boob? other then that cool pic.
That's either her other arm or other breast.. I don't think it's one gargantuan right boob (if that's what you're referring to).

Actually, you can see a hint of her left arm, so I guess it's her left boob? Dunno.. that could've been conveyed better, I guess.

Last edited by Argonus; 01-25-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #2552
rottencat
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Are these available on Aspen's site?
Yes
rottencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #2553
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptedscot View Post
Would it be possible to take a pic of the new look Itoya's please?.
I only ask as I have an order in place for them and was advised they may be slightly different in appearance, it was described to me as a small diamond effect style cover so it didn't sound like anything major. I was under the impression it was still 'leatherette' and 'padded' in the new form, is this not true now?

No worries if you're not able to, I just thought I would ask so I can get an idea of what to expect from the change.

Many thanks in advance.
x
Yeah, I will take one and post it up later tonight. I would do it right now but my camera needs charging. Technically, it is still a leatherette cover and it is still padded. It just feels like they cut the amount of padding in half and the cover now feels more like synthetic rubber than it does leather. The older cover is vastly superior in my book and far more comfortable to look through.

I actually wrote the CS rep that was helping me an email today, thanking her for helping me out. I told her that I was ultimately disappointed with the new books as the cover just isn't nearly as nice. I still find it preferable to the hard polypropylene covers on Itoya's other lines, it just isn't as nice as it used to be. The old one really felt like real leather and the new one doesn't. It may seem silly to put so much weight into the cover but that was honestly my single favorite aspect to professional line of portfolios. The soft padded cover really made them a pleasure to look though. The new covers just aren't the same tactile experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssurfer23 View Post
Miss out on the flashback print, It was sold out
Now hoping that there is leftover from the convention
Remember, these are convention prints so there will be plenty of them available on eBay from dealers like SunnysComics and XWorldCollectibles. You should still easily be able to buy them for 40.00, especially since it has an edition size of 100. I actually just checked the Aspen store and its still showing in stock.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #2554
rottencat

No more DeBalfo's Fathom in Aspenstore.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #2555
Adoptedscot
A day without sunshine is like... night.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Yeah, I will take one and post it up later tonight. I would do it right now but my camera needs charging. Technically, it is still a leatherette cover and it is still padded. It just feels like they cut the amount of padding in half and the cover now feels more like synthetic rubber than it does leather. The older cover is vastly superior in my book and far more comfortable to look through.

I actually wrote the CS rep that was helping me an email today, thanking her for helping me out. I told her that I was ultimately disappointed with the new books as the cover just isn't nearly as nice. I still find it preferable to the hard polypropylene covers on Itoya's other lines, it just isn't as nice as it used to be. The old one really felt like real leather and the new one doesn't. It may seem silly to put so much weight into the cover but that was honestly my single favorite aspect to professional line of portfolios. The soft padded cover really made them a pleasure to look though. The new covers just aren't the same tactile experience.
Sweet, thanks so much for all the info.
To me it doesn't seem silly at all to put so much stock on the cover, afterall that directly affects the overall look. I've been wanting the classy look of a decent portfolio for a while now and the Professional Itoya seemed perfect. I've read up a lot about them and your reviews too so I decided to start buying replacements of my current regular Itoya's.

It will take a while for me to buy all new upgrade/replacement portflios but the Professional ones seemed to have everything, quality look, Poly Glass and secure sheets and great for long term storage.
The first order is being placed on Monday and I'm using it for my Lady Mechanika collection so have 3 @ 13x19 and 1 @ 11x14 ordered from that range.

Thanks for your help.
x
Adoptedscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #2556
Yoda III.
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
The first order is being placed on Monday and I'm using it for my Lady Mechanika collection so have 3 @ 13x19 and 1 @ 11x14 ordered from that range.

Thanks for your help.
x
Hi,

do you order them from an US or from an European Store ? I am still searching a Europ. store that offers the professional portfolios and the multi ring binders, but can't find one.
Yoda III. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #2557
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Ditto.

Pay too much in customs charges already for prints, don't fancy paying more for portfolios
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #2558
Adoptedscot
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda III. View Post
Hi,

do you order them from an US or from an European Store ? I am still searching a Europ. store that offers the professional portfolios and the multi ring binders, but can't find one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by renketsu View Post
Ditto.

Pay too much in customs charges already for prints, don't fancy paying more for portfolios

I'm ordering them from a shop in the UK.
They do stock many portfolio's including the regular Itoya's, I bought all mine from them originally but they only stock the Itoya Professional in A4 size. However I have been in contact with them and they are about to place their next order from Itoya and are adding the ones I specifically want to their order for me. Very cool!.

It's these guys:
http://www.portfoliosplus.co.uk/

If you use the 'contact us' general email adress and enquire about getting the ones you want, they are usually very quick at replying. You will likely get a response from Nick, that's who I've been dealing with. He is really nice and very helpful.

They have been really great in helping me order these and the prices aren't too bad considering I would have to pay major shipping costs and customs if I ordered them direct from the US. Plus they ship oiverseas, in Europe so anyone in the EU can order from them.

Send them an email and see if they can help, I'm sure they will if they can.
x
Old 01-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #2559
Adoptedscot
Adamantium Plus Member

I never thought I would see the Fathom print Sold out before the Aspen Flashback one.
I know the Aspen image sold out in less than 11 hours and then was re-stocked and available again, but still, it was kind of surprising to see that.
Maybe the DeBalfo Fathom will become available again too?.
I have my orders in regardless, it just seemed a surprise, to me at least. I hope everyone got what they wanted.
x
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #2560
rottencat

Quote:
I never thought I would see the Fathom print Sold out before the Aspen Flashback one.
Aspen 2013 Tour Flashback
* old print, new colors
* Limited to 100

Fathom DeBalfo
* new fresh print
* More limited (75)

Both Irises are still available even though they are limited to 50 only. I think this may hint how much community values them.
This is a speculation of course as I have no idea about numbers offered at Amazing Arizona 2013 and at Aspenstore.com. I'm sure all prints will be gone soon.