Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-21-2015, 01:45 AM   #1001
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

My favorite comic book franchise in the hands of total morons. Yay. So great to be a fan these days. Yay.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:06 AM   #1002
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Uggh. This whole thing has been such a mess. Two studios fighting it out and the core fans getting screwed in the process. I'm hoping it's just an aberration on the Fantastic Four brand, the license reverts back and the team is rebooted. And even if that does happen, it's just a pain in the ass that at best it will take four years to finally get a decent Fantastic Four movie on the big screen -- that's provided this movie tanks, FOX throws in the towel, the negotiations go relatively quickly and smoothly and Marvel actually gets behind fast tracking a reboot when they've already got a full slate. Plus knowing Fox they will act like d!ckheads, make ridiculous demands like asking for Iron Man or some big pile of money and try to drag out the process. They could even wait until the very last minute of their contract option to let it lapse. But the worst thing would be if this abomination of the FF finds an audience and pulls in a decent haul. It could happen. 95% of the audience won't know or won't care about cannon, and the international market can surprise. So I wouldn't start planning the demise just yet. And you know if it does hit Fox will be walking around smug as a bug and Marvel will actually be trying to figure out what to do with the comic.

Alas, I would not underestimate the Twilight, Divergent, and Hunger Games audience... It seems like they'll support any movie with a misunderstood or angst ridden teen in it.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:32 AM   #1003
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Fox has already said there is a F4-2 in the initial planning stages.......be afraid be very afraid.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:42 AM   #1004
protector2814
Phoenix

Starting to think that the 2 most recent FF movies are gonna be about as good as they get, for at least the next 15-20 years. Start getting used to a Silver Surfer with an overbite people.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #1005
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post
I truly hope that they dump this farce.
Brother Cage!!! What up!!!

Oh and I hope Trank gets raped by a pack of Wolves with the clap.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:04 PM   #1006
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

'The Fantastic Four' Movie Details, Images, Easter Eggs, Tone, and More
I am probably one of the few who is still optimistic about this movie and after reading this interview my optimism has shot up.

Continue with the blind hatred for this movie along with ill will towards Josh Trank and boycott the movie if needed. In the mean time I urge you all to read this whole interview.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #1007
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post

Continue with the blind hatred for this movie along with ill will towards Josh Trank and boycott the movie if needed. In the mean time I urge you all to read this whole interview.
I don't see how it's blind hatred when there is plenty that's been shown to hate, if anything i'd say you have a blind optimism since you seem a bit set to like it despite what you've seen
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:33 PM   #1008
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I don't see how it's blind hatred when there is plenty that's been shown to hate, if anything i'd say you have a blind optimism since you seem a bit set to like it despite what you've seen
What official pics of cast/costumes/trailer have been revealed so far? If you are going by the casting alone, then I guess that's reason enough for some.

And I had no expectations with Chronicle and that movie turned out great. So my optimism largely stems from the involvement of Trank and Kinberg.

Last edited by Spideristic; 01-26-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #1009
MrYac
Hercules

none of the above, so I suppose the "blind" part is true. but there has been more then enough actual info to illicit reasonable hate from Fantastic Four fans. but then as I said what have you seen to not have an equally blind sense of optimism?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:40 PM   #1010
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Just updated my post to reflect that answer, but I can understand if that won't suffice as enough reasoning either.