Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-22-2023, 09:59 AM   #21
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I prefer mix media but this will most likely be fully sculpted like they?ve been doing lately.
BurningRage, i fully agree with you (again), my dear friend.

Its a pity Sideshow got carried away from a MINORITY of clueless guys wanting "sculpted", "sculpted" etc.

These guys cant get the distinction between characters with tight costumes eg Flash, Captain Marvel (sculpted is the right choice) and characters with baggy clothes or wearing suits eg Joker, Two-Face, Ghostbusters, this Luke wearing a baggy uniform (mixed media is the right choice).

It blows my mind that they are in this hobby for 10+ years and still cannot get it.

Its a pity, BurningRage cause you also prefer mixed media (when needed) but Sideshow again got carried away by guys screaming online
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:17 AM   #22
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Whenever you want realism, mixed media is a must. A must for a character wearing a suit, a uniform.

So Madam Tusssauds does not know and average Joe knows? Infinity, Queen, JND having mixed media for characters with suits, uniforms do not know and average Joe knows.

It is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE, pal.

Fully sculpted for a character wearing a suit oozes a plasticky, a toyish vibe. Like a toy bought for 15 bucks in a toy store.

Characters with tight costumes eg Captain Marvel or Flash etc NEED to be fully sculpted.

Nevertheless, characters like Joker, Two-Face, Ghostbusters and THIS Luke wearing a fuc... uniform NEED mixed media.

Fully sculpted on characters wearing suits or uniforms = plastic toy bought for dirty cheap.

It is so simple and i am still amazed how guys CANT get it. Character with a tight costume = SCULPTED. Character with a suit, baggy uniform = MIXED MEDIA.

PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.
You couldn't be more wrong. Clearly out of touch with the Star Wars community. There's a reason why the OG Mythos line is considered the best Star Wars statue line.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:21 AM   #23
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. Clearly out of touch with the Star Wars community. There's a reason why the OG Mythos line is considered the best Star Wars statue line.
Due to it being sculpted (lol) or due to it being ARTSY?

Vader Mythos OG has the most artsy pose and the contemplation stance is art at its finest.

It is popular due to being ARTSY and different, not due to it being sculpted. I am still laughing....
Old 07-22-2023, 10:27 AM   #24
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Due to it being sculpted (lol) or due to it being ARTSY?

Vader Mythos OG has the most artsy pose and the contemplation stance is art at its finest.

It is popular due to being ARTSY and different, not due to it being sculpted. I am still laughing....
Artsy? By definition that's subject.

I'm still laughing at you thinking you're an authority on anything. Waiting on your credentials.

Better yet, let's see some photos of your collection! I'm sure you've got the greatest collection in the entire megaverse!
Old 07-22-2023, 10:36 AM   #25
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Artsy? By definition that's subject.

I'm still laughing at you thinking you're an authority on anything. Waiting on your credentials.

Better yet, let's see some photos of your collection! I'm sure you've got the greatest collection in the entire megaverse!
I had posted photos of my collection back then with a Forps sign next to them (i even had a photo of a Life Size Iron Man when i bet that only 100 guys worldwide had Life Sized Iron Mans in their houses. Nowadays its a common sight). Majority of them were ECC's LSBs or maquettes costing 2-3k a piece. Well i wanted to silence them by showcasing 10 pieces costing 98% of guys here whole collection but it backfired.

The memes started or guys mocking my "strange" furniture (glass and artsy furniture, strange mirrors, furniture costing ofc a fortune, but for guys here where 98% cannot even tie their shoelaces, i would not expect something else, i possibly have the most strange/mirrored furniture you've ever seen in your life, all crazy expensive), they even started calling me names etc. So i deleted them all and NEVER AGAIN i'll post anything.

I am a guy creating controversy (due to not sugarcoating anything) and thus there are hordes of guys waiting to mock me. Sorry, but you can ask gz33
Old 07-22-2023, 10:43 AM   #26
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
I had posted photos of my collection back then with a Forps sign next to them (i even had a photo of a Life Size Iron Man when i bet that only 100 guys worldwide had Life Sized Iron Mans in their houses. Nowadays its a common sight). Majority of them were ECC's LSBs or maquettes costing 2-3k a piece. Well i wanted to silence them by showcasing 10 pieces costing 98% of guys here whole collection but it backfired.

The memes started or guys mocking my "strange" furniture (glass and artsy furniture, strange mirrors, furniture costing ofc a fortune, but for guys here where 98% cannot even tie their shoelaces, i would not expect something else, i possibly have the most strange/mirrored furniture you've ever seen in your life, all crazy expensive), they even started calling me names etc. So i deleted them all and NEVER AGAIN i'll post anything.

I am a guy creating controversy (due to not sugarcoating anything) and thus there are hordes of guys waiting to mock me. Sorry, but you can ask gz33
Yeah. You ain't got ----.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:46 AM   #27
morty76
Justice League

I hope they get the likeness right.
morty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:50 AM   #28
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Yeah. You ain't got ----.
My collection costs over 320k in PO prices, not current prices (i estimate around 500k in current prices, having majority of OG Sideshow Grails in my collection and many LSBs being impossible to find in the aftermarket in logical prices).

gz33, should i silence this guy?

Should i send him packing?
Old 07-22-2023, 10:52 AM   #29
Biggunz
Loki

Well you remember that last Luke ...

Pretty much all the lukes LOL
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:57 AM   #30
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
My collection costs over 320k in PO prices, not current prices (i estimate around 500k in current prices, having majority of OG Sideshow Grails in my collection and many LSBs being impossible to find in the aftermarket in logical prices).

gz33, should i silence this guy?

Should i send him packing?
Send me packing! Lololol! We know you'll just post photos of someone else's collection anyway, so what's the point?

Also, where's the money you bet me when you claimed that TOT would get over 6k in the aftermarket? Clown.