Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-29-2022, 02:43 AM   #4001
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
They probably just don?t get it that it should be smooth artisticall.

More than likely the studio feels the wrinkle thighs look better in statue form than the movie version.

Not that they?re intentionally being dicks and want to get give us a bad product.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:53 AM   #4002
SDguy

We all have different things that bother us; different thresholds of things we consider "mistakes" and how acceptable they are to us. I think it's funny that the teeth, which don't bother me in the least (and quite likely look very different in different lighting), are some huge ---- up that needs to be called out, but the wrinkled legs, which, to me, look ridiculous across a large stretched area of skin across a quadricep (or equivalent), is just good artistic license.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:53 AM   #4003
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
They probably just don?t get it that it should be smooth artisticall.

More than likely the studio feels the wrinkle thighs look better in statue form than the movie version.

Not that they?re intentionally being dicks and want to get give us a bad product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
That or maybe they were already redoing the torso for some other changes so they went ahead and smoothed it but didn't want reprint and clean up new legs for tooling just for the wrinkles.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 12:54 PM   #4004
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
We all have different things that bother us; different thresholds of things we consider "mistakes" and how acceptable they are to us. I think it's funny that the teeth, which don't bother me in the least (and quite likely look very different in different lighting), are some huge ---- up that needs to be called out, but the wrinkled legs, which, to me, look ridiculous across a large stretched area of skin across a quadricep (or equivalent), is just good artistic license.
Hahaha the never ending statue question of where does the pendulum swing more between artistic concept or accuracy? Answer lies somewhere between both depending on the kind of character represented. For predator I'd rather not have a man in a suit feel but want it to be as accurate as possible AND for it to retain an element of organic realism AND it being aesthetically AND cool to look at. Prime 1 has some of the best concept artists in the world and they just about got the balance mostly right on this statue.

The wrinkled textured legs don't bother me much but prime 1 didn't need to dial the wrinkles up to a 9, 4 or 5 may suffice. Full smooth would look rubber like and fake. But alas my eyes won't be looking at his quads as much as his face and the teeth is a centre area, kind of hard to not notice. They got it right on the prototype but missed it on the production. IMO the only real screw up from proto to production, but a very 'minor' blip
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 01:12 PM   #4005
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think they should give all the DXS buyers the unallocated closed mouth busts to make up for the teeth issue

Remember the total ES was 1500 before they dropped it to 500. Total ES of DXS is 999. That was their plan all along!
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:56 PM   #4006
Python
Omega Red

I know there's perspective at play, but he looks huge here! And awesome obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
Looks awesome
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:05 PM   #4007
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Nobody even noticed the teeth for weeks now it's the end of the world and Prime are ****ers!
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:09 PM   #4008
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Nobody even noticed the teeth for weeks now it's the end of the world and Prime are ****ers!
Ahahahah this! No one said a thing about the teeth from the initial production pics, now that someone noticed it?s some huge stuff up that?s apparently the first thing people notice on this intricate alien from another world?😂
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:36 PM   #4009
dao2
Cyclops

How do you notice when their production pics don't show the same thing? :P

dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:40 PM   #4010
Hutch0o
Birdman

People were posting pics directly of his face from in hand images where it’s present but no one was saying anything. Anyway this conversation is going the wrong way. Either it’s less noticeable from a distance or maybe only a couple of people got a “black teeth” batch. They may see the complaint and fix it for the remainder of production ��-♂️
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote