Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-31-2023, 06:17 PM   #5821
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I will do anything I can to display every piece from that set. I pay big bucks to get this. Keeping most of it in a box it?s just stupid.
I've not changed my display since. Not even the blades, hands itself lol.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 02:22 AM   #5822
zombini
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
I've not changed my display since. Not even the blades, hands itself lol.
Same here, i wish i went regular on this.
zombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 03:54 AM   #5823
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
Same here, i wish i went regular on this.
DXS all the way for me. Even though I don't use most switch outs, Mac's skull, dog tag, semi open portrait and red name plate was a must for me. Price wise it's not too much of a difference, $350 USD extra for dxs due to early bird promotion.

I could sell the gort mask and Billy's spine, which would more than cover the extra cost. But I'm gonna keep them, for now
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 06:52 AM   #5824
zombini
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
DXS all the way for me. Even though I don't use most switch outs, Mac's skull, dog tag, semi open portrait and red name plate was a must for me. Price wise it's not too much of a difference, $350 USD extra for dxs due to early bird promotion.

I could sell the gort mask and Billy's spine, which would more than cover the extra cost. But I'm gonna keep them, for now
Yeah, that price diff. made me jump DXS.
zombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:50 PM   #5825
Riozza311
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
If you own the tools already it cost you next to nothing to build your own. Probably less than $250 complete finished.

I?m a remodeler but got into the specialty wood working about 8 years ago as side hobby for myself. Now as of of 4-5 years I get handed nothing but this kind of work from friends and coworkers and it?s been very helpful for me because I?m getting older and the specialty work is easier on me and pays better. And I don?t ever have to pay for furniture. Lol.

Getting all the tools was very expensive though to get fully set up. Maybe just as expensive as this hobby. But now that I have all of it. Ive missed out on a few collectibles cause I felt the tools were more a priority. Lol.
That?s awesome you do that work..did you build a cube or base for your jungle hunter? If so what measurements did you use
Riozza311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 10:09 PM   #5826
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riozza311 View Post
That?s awesome you do that work..did you build a cube or base for your jungle hunter? If so what measurements did you use
No, I haven?t yet. I want to try and stick it in my den on a smaller built in I made when the statue gets here. If it doesn?t look too bad with the base over hanging a little I?ll leave it there in the den. If it doesn?t fit and look right, I?ll for sure be making something like a cube and sticking it either in my office or in my living room. If it goes in the living room it?s on a need to be covers with glass or acrylic.

The statue has yet to ship so no measurements yet.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:26 PM   #5827
Riozza311
Fantastic Four

Quote:
No, I haven?t yet. I want to try and stick it in my den on a smaller built in I made when the statue gets here. If it doesn?t look too bad with the base over hanging a little I?ll leave it there in the den. If it doesn?t fit and look right, I?ll for sure be making something like a cube and sticking it either in my office or in my living room. If it goes in the living room it?s on a need to be covers with glass or acrylic.

The statue has yet to ship so no measurements yet.
I?m looking to do the same ..cube with acrylic only problem is the acrylic cases for it are 700-1000$ right now
Old 06-02-2023, 02:16 PM   #5828
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riozza311 View Post
I?m looking to do the same ..cube with acrylic only problem is the acrylic cases for it are 700-1000$ right now
I?m gonna try putting a canopy on top with lighting and a minimalist frame. Either wood or metal.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 12:48 AM   #5829
Riozza311
Fantastic Four

Quote:
I?m gonna try putting a canopy on top with lighting and a minimalist frame. Either wood or metal.
It?s definitely a big statue..I?m gonna try and get a cube with an acrylic cover 30x30x40H ..send pics when you get the statue ..I noticed everyone?s base is painted differently. Prime1 told me all would be painted different..I re painted my base it looked bad. I?m curious to see other bases. Thanks
Old 06-03-2023, 03:01 AM   #5830
FACEBOX
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The guy admitted to drinking a bottle of wine before shooting the review and now thinks all the extras he specifically paid for are "stupid." But he still finds it impressive and has ordered the City Hunter and Berserker Predator.

I think we can move along.
Yeah. While I can look past his sense of humor, being admittedly drunk is disrespectful to me as a viewer.
Its one step above showing up in just dirty underwear because you can't be bothered.

Anyways, l love my statue and placed it as the centerpiece in my collection.

As for the display itself. I bought garage shelves that do mot have the holes/brackets exposed.
I don't like how some use magnet strips to install the acrylic, so I'm looking into drilling holes though the sheet and using pins to hook it into the bracket holes from the inside.

By using only the side bars, I managed to create a square frame. I'll have to cut the wooden shelves in half to fit inside.
FACEBOX is offline   Reply With Quote