Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #681
Atheris
The Maxx

I know nothing about dredd, and I've never read the comic. I bought this for the hell of it to be honest...

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #682
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Haha someone has too much money..
Old 08-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #683
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I know nothing about dredd, and I've never read the comic. I bought this for the hell of it to be honest...

Chris
Must be nice...
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #684
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
This is true. Always good to save money where you can...to purchase even MORE statues
Exactly :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #685
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Well even if you love it if it tanks if value you'll regret it cause you coulda picked it up much cheaper :P
I have plenty of pieces that in the market aren't worth what I paid for them, and I don't regret buying a single one. Because they were all pieces that I wanted, and if I didn't think they were worth the asking price to begin with I wouldn't have paid it. But I did, and they were, to me.

Sure, other people may well get those same pieces for cheaper down the road, but good luck to them I say, it doesn't make me regret my own purchase, nor does it take away from the enjoyment owning those pieces has given me over the years.

If I had to worry about the long term value of every piece that I purchased I don't think I'd end up buying anything. Which wouldn't be very much fun at all. To each their own though.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #686
dao2
Cyclops

Well I never said you have to worry about it, but I doubt you have NO regret about it. I do the same but if I do see it super cheap down the road I would definitely be like "damn.... coulda got it at XXX"
Old 09-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #687
Ex-Parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Well I never said you have to worry about it, but I doubt you have NO regret about it. I do the same but if I do see it super cheap down the road I would definitely be like "damn.... coulda got it at XXX"
Wow, so glad you're here to tell me how I must feel, otherwise I might never have known.

Fact is, that's you, and that's fine, and I get why you'd feel like that, but it doesn't mean that everyone feels like that, or looks at things the same way, and I certainly don't. I don't care about money already spent, I simply don't see the point, but believe (or doubt) whatever you like I guess. It's all good.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #688
dao2
Cyclops

Just find it hard to believe that there's no regret whatsoever, I think it's impossible actually :P Unless you never looked at the price afterwards Same other way, if it went up even if you have no intention of ever selling it.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #689
Ex-Parrot

Because you'd clearly know my mind better than I would...

Think me a liar all you want, but I would ask that you not continually go so far as to basically call me such. It is somewhat grating...
Old 09-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #690
dao2
Cyclops

Has nothing to do with lying, basic human nature, not specifically "you". Even in the greatest successes nothing is done perfect and someone would think they could have done something just a bit better, and buying something devalued is more negative. Even if you don't outright think to yourself or dwell on it, you would regret it. That's why "life is full of regret" (unless you can see the future clearly and I suppose be able to rewind time when you make mistakes, but you can't so safe there ^^)

Also grating doesn't really fit, not exactly a sound here :P