Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: DC Comics will revert back to original continuity in 1 to 2 years
Yes they will 30 76.92%
No they wont 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #121
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepindeath View Post
Too bad because the Superior Spider-Man is well written and better then the majority of anything the 90's shat out regarding poor Peter Parker. Heck, I will go as far and say better then most spidey stores from 2000-2009.

As for Marvel hating PP, I do not think so. I think this series will have PP back and make him stronger for what has happened to him.
SSM has been a great read. Definitely top 5 on my Marvel pull list
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #122
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
You mention betrayal...once again it is a business for them.
Yes, I feel betrayed but did you read the whole post? Post #109? I mentioned liking other changes in the past and present. Just not this one. Of course it's a business decision for them. All I've said is that it doesn't work for me. Not anyone else. I'm happy for you if you like what they're doing.

Last edited by wktf; 11-18-2013 at 09:04 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #123
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
As for not recognizing the characters...they sure look the same...oh wait your not enjoying the change of some teaking in their story as you enjoy the old stuff that no longer had any growth for readership.
That's correct. I'm not enjoying it. I don't like it. End of story.

Last edited by wktf; 11-18-2013 at 09:04 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #124
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
+1
DC pre-reboot was not reader friendly in any way. It was, to put it simply, a disaster.

I remember that I picked up a few books before the new 52 and would have walked away then if it wasn't for the new 52 coming up.

I'll still never understand those who have entirely sworn off DC or certain characters as they feel the history is lost. Comics are a form of entertainment like television and movies. All the time on the screen, things are constantly changed and rebooted to great success, yet you do it in print and its sacrilege?

Maybe I'm just the exception in that I can love the characters and their past history and still love the current changes without taking offence to it.

Now the new 52 experience isn't perfect by any means. Books that were once garbage are still garbage based on the creative team. A few books are really shining bright though and people are truly missing out on great stories all because they refuse to accept any change.
Nope. Alan Moore might be a dick but he was right, comics stand alone. They are NOT movies, they are NOT television for the very reason that their history matters.
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #125
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Quote:
As for not recognizing the characters...they sure look the same...oh wait your not enjoying the change of some teaking in their story as you enjoy the old stuff that no longer had any growth for readership.
Look the same? Not one of them has an improved look IMO. They all look like Gundam DC heroes. What is the obsession with Jim Lee's ----ty costume designs? Wonder Woman may be the only improved look, I like the dark boots.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #126
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm actually surprised The Big Bang Theory didn't do an episode on the New 52 change, I could totally see Sheldon freaking out about it
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #127
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Busts View Post
Look the same? Not one of them has an improved look IMO. They all look like Gundam DC heroes. What is the obsession with Jim Lee's ----ty costume designs? Wonder Woman may be the only improved look, I like the dark boots.
well this is completely subjective to personal opinion and im not a huge dc guy so I cant speak for all the characters - but I think batmans new look is an improvement. the trunks just looked silly on him, but for some reason they work on superman because I don't like his new look. maybe its because hes an alien?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #128
sleepindeath
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Busts View Post
Who said anything about looking the same, I said recognizable. I did not mention improvements either. Are you sure you read my posts?
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:29 AM   #129
NovisNoah
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

New52 is the reason 'm reading comics right now. I want to start this hobby way back in 2010 but I don't know how and where to start. The first graphic novel I bought was Infinite and Final Crisis. Back then I only know the most mainstream heroes by name. Can you just imagine how confused I was when I saw different version of supermans and flashes. Basically I lost interest until I heard that there was going to be a reboot.

Now I buy all the new 52 HC collected edition superman, WW, JL, AC, JLA, Shazam, etc. New52 gave new fans like me a chance to follow DC. Now that I know this heroes, 'm beginning to buy all the old dc stories. I currently have DC 1 mil omnibus, absolute blackest night, earth 1 superman etc. I also read stuff like Kingdom come, red sons etc. DC may have lost some old fans but they also gain new ones like me.
NovisNoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #130
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Quote:
Who said anything about looking the same, I said recognizable. I did not mention improvements either. Are you sure you read my posts?
Are you serious? Are you reading YOUR own posts...

"they sure look the same."

your words