Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-24-2018, 07:28 PM   #901
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
The guy has the briefest of momentary weakness and it's somehow justification for the OT purists to spawn a million internet memes. Why not just announce OT Luke Skywalker as your lord and savior and start a new religion? At least you can be tax exempt when you start your new church and all your sheep can help you get rich when they begin donating.
looks like the constant defense of this turd of a movie is finally getting to you. Why dont you start a religion for your lord Rian Johnson and his "visionary" directing and storytelling?
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:41 PM   #902
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
This illustration is absolutely brilliant!!
More like a massive oversimplification.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:45 PM   #903
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
looks like the constant defense of this turd of a movie is finally getting to you. Why dont you start a religion for your lord Rian Johnson and his "visionary" directing and storytelling?
Nah, I just have no problem calling out annoying and exhaustive over dramatic reactions to any film. Funny that you've attempted to use my religious analogy against me despite the fact I've never once claimed the film was perfect in any way. It most certainly has it's flaws. It's called objectivity. You should try it some time. The world isn't as black and white as you might think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
More like a massive oversimplification.
That's a bingo.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:50 PM   #904
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Nah, I just have no problem calling out annoying and exhaustive over dramatic reactions to any film. Funny that you've attempted to use my religious analogy against me despite the fact I've never once claimed the film was perfect in any way. It most certainly has it's flaws. It's called objectivity. You should try it some time. The world isn't as black and white as you might think.

That's a bingo.

...you understand, I had no choice
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #905
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

...you understand, I had no choice
That's what I was going for. Just didn't have the gif.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:52 PM   #906
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:

That's a bingo.
Be sure to take all the sheeple that liked this movie with you to the Rian religion, you know, the people that just accept and take whatever crap is fed to them without question
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #907
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Be sure to take all the sheeple that liked this movie with you to the Rian religion, you know, the people that just accept and take whatever crap is fed to them without question
More oversimplification for your own justification. I wish I could live life like that. Ignorance is bliss and all that.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #908
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
The guy has the briefest of momentary weakness and it's somehow justification for the OT purists to spawn a million internet memes. Why not just announce OT Luke Skywalker as your lord and savior and start a new religion? At least you can be tax exempt when you start your new church and all your sheep can help you get rich when they begin donating.
No need to reinvent the wheel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jediism

https://library.templeofthejediorder...etterOct15.pdf
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:43 PM   #909
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
More oversimplification for your own justification. I wish I could live life like that. Ignorance is bliss and all that.
Look at the big brain on Brad!

Lolz.

Ignorance is truly bliss, like I would be totally blissful if I hadn't seen that turd of a movie!
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:08 AM   #910
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

“I said to Rian, I said ‘Jedis don’t give up.’ I mean, even if he had a problem, he would maybe take a year to try and regroup, but if he made a mistake he would try and right that wrong, so right there, we had a fundamental difference, but, it’s not my story anymore,” Hamill, 66, said in an interview posted by Spanish-language movie site SensaCine recently. “It’s somebody else’s story, and Rian needed me to be a certain way to make the ending effective.”

Hamill added: “I almost had to think of Luke as another character. Maybe he’s Jake Skywalker, he’s not my Luke Skywalker.”

Jake Skywalker.
I love it.

#NotMyLuke
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote