Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-18-2015, 04:01 PM   #101
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
If this was 1/4 scale I'd be all over this. The scale won't fit with anything else I have.
Could always do what I do and have separate section of shelves for 1/4th and lower scales. I love the 1/6th stuff, but have gotten a few 1/4th recently and had to get separate shelves because they looked so freakish next to everything else.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #102
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Haha! So the EE 'exclusive' is now on BBTS for PO: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...42&mode=retail
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:06 PM   #103
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Haha! So the EE 'exclusive' is now on BBTS for PO: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...42&mode=retail
i believe EE also sells wholesale. That's maybe be why BBTS has the exclusive. BBTS had the EE exclusive Daenary's bust in the past. So I thought they might get this yamato exclusive. At least EE offers free shipping.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #104
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I didn't see this posted yet, but EE has a pic of the exclusive's painted prototype now. Definitely has that Arkham City vibe. I love it.

Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #105
dechirico7
The Flash

Awesome. I like it.
Was kind of hoping I wouldn't, since I will need to choose between the two.
I almost like the EE one more. I don't really care for the daggers on her top on the other version.
I think some of the details on the original don't work as well as this version.
I also like the pose more on the EE version with the mallet. It looks like she is ready to kick someone's butt.
The regular version looks like she is just being playful.
It is nice that they changed the hair and skin colors. Makes them different enough to justify getting both.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #106
3stun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I also like the pose more on the EE version with the mallet. It looks like she is ready to kick someone's butt.
The regular version looks like she is just being playful.
I like the EE version face expression more than the regular one and would describe the difference in the similar way as dechirico7 did.
EE looks like she's up to something... nasty
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:00 AM   #107
e1293
Doh!

I am having a hard time determining which preorder I should keep! There are pros and cons to both of them in my opinion. Normal Version: +More weapons (guns, knives) +Cuter Face Paint +More skin shown -Clothing less detailed and stylish compared to EE exclusive (ex: white shoes look out of place and the black and red patterns are more simplistic ) EE Exclusive Version: +Much more demented and menacing looking +Bloody Mallet +Better Cleavage +Better More Detailed Outfit +Face may not be as cute, but she looks a lot more badass -Kind of wish she had a few more weapons though... I need someone else's opinion! I like them both for different reasons, but I am leaning towards the EE exclusive...

Last edited by e1293; 04-03-2015 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Error
e1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:51 AM   #108
3stun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1293 View Post
demented and menacing... badass
I only know the character from Batman game series, but I believe these things are what makes Harley. So if I had to pick one, I would go with the EX.
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #109
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1293 View Post
I am having a hard time determining which preorder I should keep! There are pros and cons to both of them in my opinion. Normal Version: +More weapons (guns, knives) +Cuter Face Paint +More skin shown -Clothing less detailed and stylish compared to EE exclusive (ex: white shoes look out of place and the black and red patterns are more simplistic ) EE Exclusive Version: +Much more demented and menacing looking +Bloody Mallet +Better Cleavage +Better More Detailed Outfit +Face may not be as cute, but she looks a lot more badass -Kind of wish she had a few more weapons though... I need someone else's opinion! I like them both for different reasons, but I am leaning towards the EE exclusive...
If you can't decide...get both!

But if you can only get one, I'd recommend the exclusive for all the positive reasons you mentioned. I'm pretty sure it's the same face sculpt on both though. I think it's the eye shadow on the exclusive that makes her feel a bit more sinister.

I always felt Harley's personality ranged from ditzy and playful to unpredictable and dangerous. I always kinda knew she could flip that switch at any time. So I guess either statue has you covered if you're going for a particular feel.

A deciding factor could also depend on the source material you prefer:

The regular seems to be influenced by her New 52 costume in the comics. Also, note the knives and shape of the eye makeup.

As mentioned before, the exclusive is influenced by the Arkham City version of her.

Hope this helps. I'm personally getting both because I'm a Harley fanatic.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #110
dechirico7
The Flash

I really try not to do duplicate characters/pieces, but I might get both in this case. I probably won't get the regular version right away though.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote