Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-11-2017, 05:48 PM   #101
AC_808
Hercules

Not sure if this was ever brought up ... So I'm just going to put it out there.

If his left leg is forward, why is his left arm forward? When you're running, if your left leg is forward, then your right arm is forward ... no? ... And vice versa, if right leg forward, then left arm forward.

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #102
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Looks amazing! Where's ww?????? The weight of this piece is going to be insane on the long term possible lean...
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:04 PM   #103
sparda
The Avengers

@AC: Pointed it out several times on the FB page, but I never got an answer.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:29 PM   #104
zuko3984
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

This piece looks amazing to me. I just hope they do a good job at actually executing it as far as the engineering of it and making sure it doesn't have any leaning or other problems in the future.
The only piece i have in my collection that comes close to this as far as that would be the Iron Studios Spider-Man. And while i love the look of that one I'm highly disappointed in the quality and the way that one all goes together. I'm kind of worried that is will have issues in the years to come. I'm already having issues with the web he is shooting on that one sagging.
Hopefully Prime 1 will do a better job because i really like this the looks and design of this Flash statue.
zuko3984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #105
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Not sure if this was ever brought up ... So I'm just going to put it out there.

If his left leg is forward, why is his left arm forward? When you're running, if your left leg is forward, then your right arm is forward ... no? ... And vice versa, if right leg forward, then left arm forward.

Maybe I'm just used to it from posing in the mirror as a drawing reference, but does anyone ever try doing the poses they criticize as inaccurate? (Sorry if that comes off as confrontational. Completely genuine question.)

I had to eat crow for criticizing the 1:3 Chun Li's hand-on-hip pose until I (even more embarrassingly) attempted it myself and realized it's correct. I went into this Flash pose just now and didn't have to think about it or adjust it based on how I remembered the statue.

The main thing to consider is that the main action isn't dead-on running: he's dodging Darkseid's omega beam cutting across the bottom of the base. It makes sense that he's not looking straight ahead and that the same arm and leg are leading when you account for balance and focus.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #106
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Maybe I'm just used to it from posing in the mirror as a drawing reference, but does anyone ever try doing the poses they criticize as inaccurate? (Sorry if that comes off as confrontational. Completely genuine question.)

I had to eat crow for criticizing the 1:3 Chun Li's hand-on-hip pose until I (even more embarrassingly) attempted it myself and realized it's correct. I went into this Flash pose just now and didn't have to think about it or adjust it based on how I remembered the statue.

The main thing to consider is that the main action isn't dead-on running: he's dodging Darkseid's omega beam cutting across the bottom of the base. It makes sense that he's not looking straight ahead and that the same arm and leg are leading when you account for balance and focus.
I believe the Omega beams from Darkseid are red not yellow? I think the yellow grease lightning effect is purely from Flash running and sparking all over the place.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #107
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes they are red
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #108
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
@AC: Pointed it out several times on the FB page, but I never got an answer.
That's a shame they didn't listen. Well, at least you tried.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #109
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post

I did try the pose before bringing this up. And its odd that his left leg and left arm are forward at the same time. If his right leg was more forward than his left leg ...like as if his right leg was coming over for the next step ...then his pose would make more sense.

I guess you can say he's dodging something, but there's nothing you can see on the piece that he is actually dodging. Like Indomitus said, those yellow lightnings are caused by Flash when he runs. I don't see an omega beam anywhere on the piece.

Looks to me like Flash is running over asphalt that are getting up-ended some how rather than dodging something.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:56 PM   #110
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I did try the pose before bringing this up. And its odd that his left leg and left arm are forward at the same time. If his right leg was more forward than his left leg ...like as if his right leg was coming over for the next step ...then his pose would make more sense.

I guess you can say he's dodging something, but there's nothing you can see on the piece that he is actually dodging. Like Indomitus said, those yellow lightnings are caused by Flash when he runs. I don't see an omega beam anywhere on the piece.

Looks to me like Flash is running over asphalt that are getting up-ended some how rather than dodging something.
I think he is talking about the red part on the road which indeed to me looks also like the result of an omega beam
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote