Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #801
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

It hasn't SOLD out because they made 750 and each is about 1000$ plus it just came up for PO recently. I don't think these companies expect their products to sell out so soon.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #802
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
It hasn't SOLD out because they made 750 and each is about 1000$ plus it just came up for PO recently. I don't think these companies expect their products to sell out so soon.
Sometimes I think logical thinking is just lost here.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #803
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Prime 1 sold 800 Miller Dark Knight statues in 4 1/2 hours at $969 apiece. I have this statue on PO, and think it's fantastic, but it hasn't resonated with collectors the way the Miller Dark Knight did for numerous reasons including pose, head size, and musculature. I don't know what Prime 1's expectations were regarding this statue, but had it not been for the issues a lot of people have with it, the EX probably would have sold out the same day the statue went up for PO.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #804
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

^ THIS
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #805
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Prime 1 sold 800 Miller Dark Knight statues in 4 1/2 hours at $969 apiece. I have this statue on PO, and think it's fantastic, but it hasn't resonated with collectors the way the Miller Dark Knight did for numerous reasons including pose, head size, and musculature. I don't know what Prime 1's expectations were regarding this statue, but had it not been for the issues a lot of people have with it, the EX probably would have sold out the same day the statue went up for PO.
They actually didn't. Prime 1 only allocated some of the 800 ES to Sideshow. The EX is still available on P1's site right now and I believe there are one or two other international retailers, like Popcultcha, who also got a piece of the allocation.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:35 PM   #806
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Regardless Sideshow still sold it’s allotment in that time and their allotment for this one is still available.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:31 PM   #807
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Regardless Sideshow still sold it’s allotment in that time and their allotment for this one is still available.
There have also been numerous more Batman statues made available since and we don't know any details about whether they allocated more or less based on Jim Lee's popularity compared to Miller's. They could've underestimated the first time and over-projected the next. I'm just saying the argument is not cut and dry unless one knows the numbers. Remember, some people who ordered regulars of Miller Bats after they were shipping, Sideshow converted them into EX orders. Even the wait lists often have to do with secondary allocations rather than cancellations.

Many of the posts I've seen on Facebook, for example, from people on the fence with this Hush Batman have related to not having anymore space for 1:3 pieces, or another 1:3 Batman specifically. When Miller Bats came out, the market was not as crowded and wait between order and release time (which is why I've yet to pull the trigger on this) wasn't nearly as long. Even if one were to sell a 1:3 piece they own in favor of this, they risk taking a loss because they're all technically still available, including Deathstroke. Not worth it for something that comes out mid-next-year. I don't have any major criticisms with the art direction.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #808
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
even if a few statues do sell out very quickly NO business realistically expects a large percentage of their new products to sell out on a regular basis. People have issues with every statue and will look for faults in everything and these people tend to be louder than the rest of us
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #809
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The more I think about this statue the more I like it.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:42 PM   #810
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
There have also been numerous more Batman statues made available since and we don't know any details about whether they allocated more or less based on Jim Lee's popularity compared to Miller's. They could've underestimated the first time and over-projected the next. I'm just saying the argument is not cut and dry unless one knows the numbers. Remember, some people who ordered regulars of Miller Bats after they were shipping, Sideshow converted them into EX orders. Even the wait lists often have to do with secondary allocations rather than cancellations.

Many of the posts I've seen on Facebook, for example, from people on the fence with this Hush Batman have related to not having anymore space for 1:3 pieces, or another 1:3 Batman specifically. When Miller Bats came out, the market was not as crowded and wait between order and release time (which is why I've yet to pull the trigger on this) wasn't nearly as long. Even if one were to sell a 1:3 piece they own in favor of this, they risk taking a loss because they're all technically still available, including Deathstroke. Not worth it for something that comes out mid-next-year. I don't have any major criticisms with the art direction.
There's a lot of valid reasons why this one's still available including the space issues and poor resale values you mentioned, but this was supposed to be THE BATMAN statue. It's the one everyone's been talking about for the past year and a half. It's the reason a lot of people passed on the Miller Batman because they only wanted one 1/3 scale Batman in their collections and it was going to be the Jim Lee Batman. And at the time it was revealed at Tokyo Comic Con in early Dec. no one knew the cost yet, and we definitely didn't know anything about a 1 1/2 year wait time. But the fact of the matter is, since it was revealed its gotten nowhere near the positive response of the Miller Dark Knight. Personally speaking, I think its a terrific statue, but it hasn't had the same impact on me as the Miller Dark Knight did when I first laid eyes on that masterpiece, and I doubt I'm the only one willing to make that claim.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote