Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-21-2018, 04:57 PM   #591
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post

Question: Does Tweeterhead only receive the exclusives when the factory ships? I was wondering if the regulars go straight to Amazon, BBTS, EE, etc.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:51 PM   #592
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

All BS aside, this a homerun.

Anyone want to sell their EX hit me up seriously tho, hit me up
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #593
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Anyone want to sell their EX hit me up seriously tho, hit me up
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #594
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
A few thousand? The Joker Exclusive will likely have an ES under 500. If the line takes off the Ex is going to be scarce.

As far as aftermarket appreciation goes it’s all speculation at this point. A few things this piece has in it’s favor though.
  • The SP Collection is still in it’s infancy stages
  • We’ve never seen a DC line with diversity like this before
  • As prices rise & display space diminishes there seems to be a resurgence in demand for smaller pieces like 1:6 scale
  • The best comparison to draw is Bowen’s Marvel line and once it took off it’s popularity soared
  • Retail price on these pieces are very reasonable
  • Exclusive offering on Joker is well above average
I meant total... I believe someone posted 500 ex and 1500 regular.... 2000 is still a lot of statues.... Back when Bowen was really popular there wasn't really a lot of competition.... Right now Tweeterhead has competition from XM and DC Collectibles and DC pieces are 1/2 the price of Tweeterheads....

I do agree 1:6 is making a bit of a comeback but 1:4 is still pretty popular at the moment even with their standard $550+ PF price tag...

The market is so saturated I just don't see that many statues of any scale taking off value wise anymore, not like it was 6-7 years ago..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:43 PM   #595
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I see people mixing and matching as future trend to save on space and money but still get their favourite characters . That’s what I’m doing
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:48 PM   #596
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Here’s a thought. Buy only direct from Tweeterhead and guarantee yourself an ex for virtually no extra money . It’s a no brainer I won’t buy from anyone else. If the piece takes off so be it but support the mom and pop statue companies that give us what we really want for decent prices. The quality is fantastic for its price point! Done!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:50 PM   #597
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Here’s a thought. Buy only direct from Tweeterhead and guarantee yourself an ex for virtually no extra money . It’s a no brainer I won’t buy from anyone else. If the piece takes off so be it but support the mom and pop statue companies that give us what we really want for decent prices. The quality is fantastic for its price point! Done!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:25 AM   #598
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
The only issue I have a paying full price is Tweeterhead's Classic Batman line lost like 50%-60% of its value in the aftermarket... I do think these will do better but I was able to get a regular Harley for $220 on Ebay where retail was like $300.... So I think there will be a period of time that you can buy these for less then retail. (maybe not all of them but some of them)

I think statues like Supergirl and Donna Troy will go for less then retail in the aftermarket once they've been out for awhile... Of course some statues will probably do better then others but I thought I'd put that out there for collectors who try to save a buck or two..

Once everything is long sold out then who knows prices might creep back up...
Old 08-22-2018, 04:11 AM   #599
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The only issue I have a paying full price is Tweeterhead's Classic Batman line lost like 50%-60% of its value in the aftermarket... I do think these will do better but I was able to get a regular Harley for $220 on Ebay where retail was like $300.... So I think there will be a period of time that you can buy these for less then retail. (maybe not all of them but some of them)

I think statues like Supergirl and Donna Troy will go for less then retail in the aftermarket once they've been out for awhile... Of course some statues will probably do better then others but I thought I'd put that out there for collectors who try to save a buck or two..

Once everything is long sold out then who knows prices might creep back up...
Am curious — when you said you were able to get Harley for less than retail, did you mean NEW or USED, Regular or EX?
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:36 AM   #600
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Am curious — when you said you were able to get Harley for less than retail, did you mean NEW or USED, Regular or EX?
New Regular Version..